+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Swansea's vulnerable youngsters , DIY SOS tonight BBC one

Swansea's vulnerable youngsters , DIY SOS tonight BBC one

That nick Knowles gets on my tits but tonight he and his team are helping to build a unit for vulnerable young people leaving care in Swansea

I used to work in a similar project in Bridgend , these kids are very vulnerable to the dangers of street drugs , alcohol abuse , prostitution , sexual abuse and poor quality housing

Under the current housing legislation they have very little priority and it is vital that the young homeless and those leaving social services care are given stable , safe accomodation and support

I hope this project provides that

Swansea's vulnerable youngsters , DIY SOS tonight BBC one

That nick Knowles gets on my tits but tonight he and his team are helping to build a unit for vulnerable young people leaving care in Swansea

I used to work in a similar project in Bridgend , these kids are very vulnerable to the dangers of street drugs , alcohol abuse , prostitution , sexual abuse and poor quality housing

Under the current housing legislation they have very little priority and it is vital that the young homeless and those leaving social services care are given stable , safe accomodation and support

Re: Swansea's vulnerable youngsters , DIY SOS tonight BBC one

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

I know what you mean about Knowles – he can be a pain at times, having an ego almost as big as Jeremy Clarkson’s. However I enjoy the DIY SOS series as the basic ethos is an excellent one, bringing people together to help a family in genuine need. We run a voluntary scheme something similar to this where we are, although on a much, much, smaller scale but the same sense of camaraderie prevails.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I know what you mean about Knowles – he can be a pain at times, having an ego almost as big as Jeremy Clarkson’s. However I enjoy the DIY SOS series as the basic ethos is an excellent one, bringing people together to help a family in genuine need. We run a voluntary scheme something similar to this where we are, although on a much, much, smaller scale but the same sense of camaraderie prevails.
    He's just not funny

But the show has its heart in the right place

Isnt this when They all got parking tickets on their vans /cars ?

Quote Originally Posted by Penybont Blue View Post
    Isnt this when They all got parking tickets on their vans /cars ?
    Yes,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-s...wales-41299851

What an amazing woman the leader of that project is

To help other vulnerable youngsters text DIYSOS to 70410

That's just ten quid

To support amazing projects like this , helping youngsters who are very vulnerable

Text DIYSOS to 70410

That's ten quid , just a few pints or a metal cd for me

Done a score on 70420

All your fault ffs

Great cause Well done for publicising it

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny London View Post
    Done a score on 70420

All your fault ffs

Great cause Well done for publicising it
    Bloody hell this is a man with money to burn !!

Can you lend us a few quid ?