+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Greggs. - Would they take the p*** out of any other

Re: Greggs. - Would they take the p*** out of any other

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    Islam doesn't have weird shit like nativity scenes and the people who come up with the idea were probably nominally christian (like most people in the UK) or actually practising Christians. I doubt very much that it was a muslim who created that advert. Taking the piss out of your own culture and beliefs is a lot different to taking the piss out of others.

The nativity scene didn't even frigging happen in the bible, let alone in real life.
    I doubt they were even attempting to take the piss out of Christianity. I’m sure it was simply a clumsy attempt at flogging more Sausage rolls and lovely caramel doughnuts.
    I was just answering the ops question.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    LOL
    Sadly your average sun reader will lap this sort of thing up , before popping into Gregg's for a corned beef pasty or sausage roll

We’re they sausage rolls or their new seasonal version just out which are turkey, bacon and cranberry?

Only 10p more than a regular sausage roll, and very tasty tbf

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    We’re they sausage rolls or their new seasonal version just out which are turkey, bacon and cranberry?

Only 10p more than a regular sausage roll, and very tasty tbf
    No wonder youre fat

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    No wonder youre fat
    This is true

Islam doesn't have weird shit like nativity scenes and the people who come up with the idea were probably nominally christian (like most people in the UK) or actually practising Christians. I doubt very much that it was a muslim who created that advert. Taking the piss out of your own culture and beliefs is a lot different to taking the piss out of others.

The nativity scene didn't even frigging happen in the bible, let alone in real life.
    That's hypocritical.
    If people on here think that religion is rubbish. That surely must mean all religions, not just cherry picking those that are easy targets and avoiding, like the plague, any remote criticism of those religions, whose followers are likely to seek violent and fearful retribution.
    That's not freedom of speech.
    It's oppression !!
    Clearly people who do not believe in religion have different beliefs to Christians, Hindus, Sikhs, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, etc.
    I don't agree with taking the 'p*ss' out of any religion or culture, but we have a right to criticise those whose values are incongruent with our own.
    Is it a race/faith hate crime to criticise those who we vehemently disagree with?
    Are we 'only allowed' to criticise specific religions or cultures, but not others?
    If that is the case, then that is discrimination and oppression.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Sadly your average sun reader will lap this sort of thing up , before popping into Gregg's for a corned beef pasty or sausage roll
    It is now known as a corner beef slice.

Pasty is dead. Sad times.

They're all at it, even shop bought ones are slices now. Travesty.

Used to like cutting it open before warming, to open it up and put my sauce on the filling and close it back up. One of life's simple pleasures. They've taken it from me.

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    That's hypocritical.
    If people on here think that religion is rubbish. That surely must mean all religions, not just cherry picking those that are easy targets and avoiding, like the plague, any remote criticism of those religions, whose followers are likely to seek violent and fearful retribution.
    That's not freedom of speech.
    It's oppression !!
    Clearly people who do not believe in religion have different beliefs to Christians, Hindus, Sikhs, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, etc.
    I don't agree with taking the 'p*ss' out of any religion or culture, but we have a right to criticise those whose values are incongruent with our own.
    Is it a race/faith hate crime to criticise those who we vehemently disagree with?
    Are we 'only allowed' to criticise specific religions or cultures, but not others?
    If that is the case, then that is discrimination and oppression.
    I dislike all religion. Not going for a bite or a reaction, I genuinely hate it all.

My mother has recently started reading the bible, I don't knock her for it, like many she has her reasons and I'm sure won't cause any fuss in the world, like the larger percent of anyone who follows a religion.

All i see is misery. Poverty. War. Shit. Division. Bullshit.

Used to like cutting it open before warming, to open it up and put my sauce on the filling and close it back up. One of life's simple pleasures. They've taken it from me.
    71686499-9F72-4397-998C-5D711D9E266D.jpg

I have this discussion with a Cornish mate of mine ( I am sure he does it to wind me up, but it gives him a little pleasure, so hey ho )

Pasty is a D shape and hand crimped to seal the filling in

A slice is just that, a slice of pastry with fillings

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I have this discussion with a Cornish mate of mine ( I am sure he does it to wind me up, but it gives him a little pleasure, so hey ho )

Pasty is a D shape and hand crimped to seal the filling in

A slice is just that, a slice of pastry with fillings
    Agree.

Pasties such as Peters corner beef could be opened when cold. Microwave...then open to add sauce..close and eat...just one of them things I've had taken from me and it's upsetting.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    What a horrendous selfie. Why would you post that publically?

It's only different because people give in to the threats and intimidation and the terrible cries of those pathetic words"Islamaphobia" and "racism". Is that the same reason why many "liberals" that I encounter criticise Christianity for "homophobia" but refuse to acknowledge the same for Islam? These kind of double standards only lead to resentment, I'm afraid. And I'm not convinced that the same rights are afforded to other religious minorities in Islamic countries.

This seems to be a fuss over nothing. Greggs must've known that it would cause a tiny stir and they've succeeded in selling more sausgage rolls. I live thousands of miles away from the nearest Greggs but I'm really sodding tempted to fly back for a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post

its fine by me to take the mickey out of everyone and everything and even ourselves

Nothing wrong with the advert at all,their food however is garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Nothing wrong with the advert at all,their food however is garbage
    Stone him!

Fascists

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    It's only different because people give in to the threats and intimidation and the terrible cries of those pathetic words"Islamaphobia" and "racism". Is that the same reason why many "liberals" that I encounter criticise Christianity for "homophobia" but refuse to acknowledge the same for Islam? These kind of double standards only lead to resentment, I'm afraid. And I'm not convinced that the same rights are afforded to other religious minorities in Islamic countries.

This seems to be a fuss over nothing. Greggs must've known that it would cause a tiny stir and they've succeeded in selling more sausgage rolls. I live thousands of miles away from the nearest Greggs but I'm really sodding tempted to fly back for a couple.
    Oh Islam is homophobic , no doubt about that at all

I like Dawkins and Peter hitchings who critisise all religion

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I’m totally and utterly outraged.
    I don't care myself, really, but I am outraged on behalf of those people who haven't seen it, but would be outraged if they had.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Stone him!
    The only thing they sell that I eat are their custard slices

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Fascists
    It's a touchy subject sludge mate.

Why are Christians offended by it? There's not one single Christian represented in the picture.

Feedback

it seems like Greggs have gotten what they wanted - more media exposure

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    No wonder youre fat
    Easier to weigh less when you haven’t got legs.

The biggest contradiction of our time is liberals defending islam when at heart it is entirely anti liberal