+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Greggs. - Would they take the p*** out of any other

Re: Greggs. - Would they take the p*** out of any other

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    Isn't 'Iced Slice' the thingy that is similar but with that yucky 'creme' stuff instead of Custard?
    Or is that something else again?

Haven't had a Custard Slice in years! May have to indulge in a blast from the past v. soon.
    Don’t get me wrong here, I like a custard slice as much as the next man, but they are nothing, NOTHING! compared to the Greggs custard caramel doughnut, the finest post pasty desert course in UK bakery / sandwich / cake shop history.

In answer to the O.P. - no they would not.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Don’t get me wrong here, I like a custard slice as much as the next man, but they are nothing, NOTHING! compared to the Greggs custard caramel doughnut, the finest post pasty desert course in UK bakery / sandwich / cake shop history.
    Hmmm .. that sounds like it could be heaven or hell. As it goes, I will be working in a building very near to a Greggs tomorrow morning.
    I shall follow your advice and give it a go.

'Tim Horton's' is the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    Hmmm .. that sounds like it could be heaven or hell. As it goes, I will be working in a building very near to a Greggs tomorrow morning.
    I shall follow your advice and give it a go.
    Could be any UK city then.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Could be any UK city then.
    Or a rural town in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    And so what ? - my point was , maybe Greggs would run a lentil pastie promo with a Hindu God eating one, or maybe a Hanukkah 'bacon' roll promo and I would love to see them run a campaign of a sausage roll ad being eaten by Allah in Ramadan - and see how that goes - I would laugh at all 3 - but I bet Greggs HQ would be on the next attack list for ISIS supporters or even non ISIS supporting Muslims.
    You said they were coming up. They're not, Diwali was only a few weeks ago. As you demonstrate, people generally don't know when these festivals are so an as campaign based around them would be a flop.

As it happens, my work did a Diwali lunch as there are Hindus there and it was quite good. The guys did stompy dancing and the girls looked hot.