+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Greggs. - Would they take the p*** out of any other

Re: Greggs. - Would they take the p*** out of any other

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I’m catholic and I’m not offended.

But if they’d used an image of Mo, then there would’ve been huge public outcry and the boss of Greggs would be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life.
    There's a first time for everything!

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    The biggest contradiction of our time is liberals defending islam when at heart it is entirely anti liberal
    I don't think they defend Islam at all I think they defend grouping everyone into homogenous groups with the extremists seeing as there are plenty of moderate muslims just as there are plenty of moderate christians.

All religions are bad in my eyes but I have no problem with people identifying as a certain religion as long as they don't use it as an excuse to be hateful and bigoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don't think they defend Islam at all I think they defend grouping everyone into homogenous groups with the extremists seeing as there are plenty of moderate muslims just as there are plenty of moderate christians.

All religions are bad in my eyes but I have no problem with people identifying as a certain religion as long as they don't use it as an excuse to be hateful and bigoted.
    ye definitely, the generalisations are wrong. Most muslims are good people. I've got a friend that frowns at normal muslims working behind food counters.....just huge amounts of ignorance.

Imagine if the shoe were on the other foot, people from christian nations living in iraq after the christian invaders of 2003?.

but it is difficult when the country that oversee's the main places in islam is so illiberal.

Which is the more liberal/peaceful book to live your life by, the quran or the bible?. I've read neither, but from what Ive seen you'd lean towards the one. youd be more or less horizontal

But ye I wish there wasn't religion. It is pointless comparing different ones to find the most peaceful. We could just do without a few of them

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    There's a first time for everything!
    Well I'm not offended you just said that, so that's twice. Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it ya scouser

Well I'm not offended you just said that, so that's twice. Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it ya scouser

Why isn't the outrage in this thread about corned beef slices? What happened to the pasty...

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    We have Diwali (Hindu) coming up soon as well as Eid Al-Fitr and Eid Al-Adha (Islam) and Hanukkah (Jewish)

Now Im guessing the Hindu's wont mind and neither will the Jew's but I would happily bet a tenner that Greggs wont touch the Islam one
    Diwali's already gone. And Ramadan too, for that matter.

We have Diwali (Hindu) coming up soon as well as Eid Al-Fitr and Eid Al-Adha (Islam) and Hanukkah (Jewish)

Now Im guessing the Hindu's wont mind and neither will the Jew's but I would happily bet a tenner that Greggs wont touch the Islam one
    This advert was done to promote an advent calendar. Trying to get the punter to shell out £24 in one hit on one of its products. The calendar then holds vouchers, which will get the customer into its store to buy something to go with the free coffee they have just collected from their calendar.

In this country even the atheist celebrates christmas. Its by far the UK biggest market. The shop also sells mince pies, festive bakes, and other Christmas themed cakes. Whereby it doesnt do anything other religious festivals.

We live in a society where people get outraged if people do not mention christmas/easter on their products. Then get outraged still when it is.

But this is what Croesy Blue was talking about above, the generalisations. The Hindus and Jews won't mind - more likely, some would and some wouldn't, as you'd find in any cross section of any corner of society.

The thread is either about Greg's or Christianity. You lot spoil everything.
    Why are pasties called slices now? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    This advert was done to promote an advent calendar. Trying to get the punter to shell out £24 in one hit on one of its products. The calendar then holds vouchers, which will get the customer into its store to buy something to go with the free coffee they have just collected from their calendar.

In this country even the atheist celebrates christmas. Its by far the UK biggest market. The shop also sells mince pies, festive bakes, and other Christmas themed cakes. Whereby it doesnt do anything other religious festivals.

We live in a society where people get outraged if people do not mention christmas/easter on their products. Then get outraged still when it is.
    23518963_10155039772435983_6163580983989693997_n.jpg

The worst thing for me is that people are getting outraged about this in November.
    Wait until December please.

No bacon cob then?

Stone him!
    "beard madam"

Surprised TBG hasn’t yet commented on the correct spelling here - pasty or pastie?

Surprised TBG hasn’t yet commented on the correct spelling here - pasty or pastie?
    He wouldn't be surprised to find out nobody gives a **** though, I'm guessing.

It's OGGI down his neck of the woods

When was the last time I corrected a spelling error, old fruit?

Banned

I bet nobody on here told their kids Christianity was a load of bollox when they were in the school nativity play.
    Might as well cancel xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It's OGGI down his neck of the woods
    He lives in Italy?

Did you mean Oggie / Oggy?

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    The only thing they sell that I eat are their custard slices
    Absolutely agree. Greggs custard slices are the bollocks. I hate it when people call them ice slices too, that is true blasphemy

And so what ? - my point was , maybe Greggs would run a lentil pastie promo with a Hindu God eating one, or maybe a Hanukkah 'bacon' roll promo and I would love to see them run a campaign of a sausage roll ad being eaten by Allah in Ramadan - and see how that goes - I would laugh at all 3 - but I bet Greggs HQ would be on the next attack list for ISIS supporters or even non ISIS supporting Muslims.
    You are a stupid cu nt, there is no point having a normal discussion with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Why are Christians offended by it? There's not one single Christian represented in the picture.
    But we are offended on behalf of christians who may not have seen it, but maybe could be off ended if they had.

That seems to be the way offence is taken these days.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Absolutely agree. Greggs custard slices are the bollocks. I hate it when people call them ice slices too, that is true blasphemy
    Isn't 'Iced Slice' the thingy that is similar but with that yucky 'creme' stuff instead of Custard?
    Or is that something else again?

Haven't had a Custard Slice in years! May have to indulge in a blast from the past v. soon.