+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ticket prices at Cardiff among the cheapest in the championship, pies the most expensive

Ticket prices at Cardiff among the cheapest in the championship, pies the most expensive

Buy a ticket online and you can get in for £18 , season tickets are also low compared to most clubs

But the price of pies is a bit of a rotter ....£3.90 .......only Fulham charge more

Re: Ticket prices at Cardiff among the cheapest in the championship, pies the most expensive

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Buy a ticket online and you can get in for £18 , season tickets are also low compared to most clubs

But the price of pies is a bit of a rotter ....£3.90 .......only Fulham charge more
    Didn’t we outsource all catering so have no say in the pricing?

Re: Ticket prices at Cardiff among the cheapest in the championship, pies the most expensive

Season ticket for Barry Town is more expensive than Barcelona.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I think you're suggesting that because the club chose to outsource catering then they bear no responsibility for pricing.

Saying that, I've never been able to get het-up about any costs associated with attending football games because doing so isn't one of life's necessities.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I think you're suggesting that because the club chose to outsource catering then they bear no responsibility for pricing.

Saying that, I've never been able to get het-up about any costs associated with attending football games because doing so isn't one of life's necessities.
    For you maybe but for some people it is.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I think it was a ten year contract, so it should be ending fairly soon. I've still not bought any food or drink from the new ground at a game - I sound like a real tightarse, but if I want something to eat or drink when I go to watch the City play at home, I'll nip into Asda or Marks and Spencer and get something, rather than pay those rip off prices (City's prices may be cheap by Championship standards, but they are still absolutely ridiculous when you consider how much you could pay for the same stuff just a few hundred yards away).

I'd describe your foresight as eminently sensible rather than being guilty of tightarsery.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    For you maybe but for some people it is.
    For me, Cardiff City should be seen as a ‘community/area’ event.

It’s a welcome hobby for people going out, a bit of social interaction and social cohesion. Keeping kids and adults entertained, keeping them from either being stuck in the house and off the streets.

Ridiculous pricing only sees to turn it into a consumer business. Nothing wrong with making money but I see that as the byproduct.

I love the steak and ale pies they sell now.

Over priced but yummy.

City also sell OAP rate tickets when you get to 60 unlike most clubs
    who make you wait until you are 65.

My seat in The Ninian Stand is £299 for a brilliant view.

£13 per game.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think it was a ten year contract, so it should be ending fairly soon. I've still not bought any food or drink from the new ground at a game - I sound like a real tightarse, but if I want something to eat or drink when I go to watch the City play at home, I'll nip into Asda or Marks and Spencer and get something, rather than pay those rip off prices (City's prices may be cheap by Championship standards, but they are still absolutely ridiculous when you consider how much you could pay for the same stuff just a few hundred yards away).
    I think it was Peter Ridsdale who did the deal with Compass for the catering. I am sure that Tan tried to scrap the deal but Compass refused.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I think it was Peter Ridsdale who did the deal with Compass for the catering. I am sure that Tan tried to scrap the deal but Compass refused.
    If I recall right the figure was £1million for 10yrs for Compass to have exclusive food and beverage rights, at a time when Ridsdale was desperate for the cash. At £4.50 a pint, bar staff often outnumber customers. Food and drinks remain overpriced at CCS and I wonder if Compass will try and remain in contract but for a far lower deal after 10yrs is up.
    Meanwhile, best pies....Charlton. Best chips.....Middlesborough. Winner of the "any excuse to close bars at half time" joint first place, Wolves and Bolton.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    I love the steak and ale pies they sell now.

Over priced but yummy.

City also sell OAP rate tickets when you get to 60 unlike most clubs
    who make you wait until you are 65.

My seat in The Ninian Stand is £299 for a brilliant view.

£13 per game.
    It should be £13 for walk up customers. Prices are much too dear for most folk atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    It should be £13 for walk up customers. Prices are much too dear for most folk atm.
    Any cheap DJ'ing nights going spare ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Any cheap DJ'ing nights going spare ?

There would be if my business was going downhil faster than a runaway bus.

There would be if my business was going downhil faster than a runaway bus.

You should call it something like "DISCO", not DJ'ing

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You should call it something like "DISCO", not DJ'ing
    Stick to windows mate. (Not literally obviously)

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I dont buy food there myself. I got some for me my nephew and daughter one game pre season as my nephew nagged and nagged..not far off 15 quid for 2 burgers and a hot dog. Could habe spent less in kfc or McDonald's after the game as we had a train to wait for anyway..

To be fair there are also good Family Stand deals and deals for younger fans too.

It's you people bang in the middle who sort of subsidise the concessions but I did that
    paying full wack for over 40 years too.