+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USA Touting a 2018 non-World Cup qualifiers tournament...

Re: USA Touting a 2018 non-World Cup qualifiers tournament...

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Would be nice. But we probably won't even get invited.

We're not exactly a draw.

Ireland and Italy would be well ahead of us obviously. The only thing we've got going for us is Bale and possibly Woodburn.
    Oh I dunno. Ramsey and Allen both in the Euro 16 team of the finals. Ireland are only a draw because of the Irish connections but hsrdly great to watch. We were also Euro 16 semi finalists and that holds some cache.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    First I thought yes good idea, then thought nah bad..... put like that, I think I'm back in
    In out in out shake Macadder all about.

It would have to happen at the same time as the world cup. Otherwise it just messes up other schedules even more.
    Players who could take part will probably see it as a chance for a break so squads will be depleted of many of their major stars.
    Fifa would never ratify the tournament so it could potentially end up at the mercy of American broadcasters with 4 quarters, time outs, rolling subs and Diana Ross doing a ceremonial kick off in the first ever final of the world series of soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    It would have to happen at the same time as the world cup. Otherwise it just messes up other schedules even more.
    Players who could take part will probably see it as a chance for a break so squads will be depleted of many of their major stars.
    Fifa would never ratify the tournament so it could potentially end up at the mercy of American broadcasters with 4 quarters, time outs, rolling subs and Diana Ross doing a ceremonial kick off in the first ever final of the world series of soccer.
    With the new kick off rules Diana Ross could even score. 👍