+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Team for Brentford

Team for Brentford

In Warnock's interview today on iPlayer he talked about players carrying new injuries and whether players that were out injured would be back for Saturday. He didn't look too confident. That tee'd up the Rolf Feltscher signing announcement.

The Training Goals video from this morning showed Guonongbe, Healey and Connolly heavily involved (and Peltier and Bogle who are both suspended) but I couldn't see Gunnar, Manga, Paterson, Mendez-Laing, Zohore or Bryson in the clip. I couldn't see Bennett either - but he has tweeted that he's fit so hopefully the other missing players are OK too (though Gunnar will still be in transit).

My hope (if all fit - which may be very optimistic) is:

Etheridge

Patterson
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Bennett

Gunnarsson
    Ralls

Mendez-Laing
    Tomlin
    Hoillett

Zohore

Subs: Murphy, Connolly, Manga, Damour, Pilkington, Ward, Healey

Re: Team for Brentford

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    In Warnock's interview today on iPlayer he talked about players carrying new injuries and whether players that were out injured would be back for Saturday. He didn't look too confident. That tee'd up the Rolf Feltscher signing announcement.

The Training Goals video from this morning showed Guonongbe, Healey and Connolly heavily involved (and Peltier and Bogle who are both suspended) but I couldn't see Gunnar, Manga, Paterson, Mendez-Laing, Zohore or Bryson in the clip. I couldn't see Bennett either - but he has tweeted that he's fit so hopefully the other missing players are OK too (though Gunnar will still be in transit).

Etheridge

Patterson
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Bennett

Gunnarsson
    Ralls

Mendez-Laing
    Tomlin
    Hoillett

Zohore

Or

Etheridge

Coxe
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Connolly

Ralls
    Halford

Hoilett
    Damour
    Feeney

Ward

Subs

Murphy
    Feltscher
    Bennett
    Pilkington
    Harris
    Gounongbe
    Healey

Sorry i didnt spot this thread when i started my own. If our worst fears are realised and we have more injuries then something is going wrong.Perhaps our high work rate is taking its toll. Before the break Warnock was talking about getting players fit after. What is going on.
    Ps TOBW . I was not amused by your alternative team!

In the Rolf signs video I could see Patterson and Bennett - although that might not have been today

Mendez-Lang, Zohore and Ward missing as well?

Etheridge

Patterson
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Bennett

Gunnarsson
    Ralls

Mendez-Laing
    Tomlin
    Hoillett

Zohore

would be nice ,if Zohore is not in somethings up

Bennett has tweeted that he's fit for Sat. So that is the problem left back position sorted at least

I don't see Healey near the bench for a while, he need more DVP games to get up to speed.

Good to see Healy making some progress. But as above poster says, shouldn't be near the bench yet. Hoping NML and Ken's injuries are over and that they are back tomorrow.
    Spedger

In the pre-Brentford press conference this morning Warnock said there were 7 players out injured or suspended who would otherwise be in the first team squad. It sounds as if Gunnar will be in the mix.

Peltier and Bogle are suspended.

Camp, Richards and Kadeem are a few weeks away from fitness.

I assume the other two are Zohore and Mendez-Laing?

If right that probably means Ward starts with Guonongbe/Healey on the bench. It probably also means Feeney replaces Mendez unless Warnock changes the shape and starts with Tomlin (or even Pilkington?)

Yes I read from his presser that Gunnar will be back, but probably on bench and Mendez Lang out still. He spoke well of Feeney so i expect him to start. I also think Darmour will start.
    Bit of a wild card, but could Fred be in the 11? For all his running Ward doesnt look like scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Good to see Healy making some progress. But as above poster says, shouldn't be near the bench yet. Hoping NML and Ken's injuries are over and that they are back tomorrow.
    Spedger
    In the pre-Brentford press conference this morning Warnock said there were 7 players out injured or suspended who would otherwise be in the first team squad. It sounds as if Gunnar will be in the mix.

Peltier and Bogle are suspended.

Camp, Richards and Kadeem are a few weeks away from fitness.

I assume the other two are Zohore and Mendez-Laing?

If right that probably means Ward starts with Guonongbe/Healey on the bench. It probably also means Feeney replaces Mendez unless Warnock changes the shape and starts with Tomlin (or even Pilkington?)

Those who say Healey shouldn't be on the bench yet are right. Warnock said this morning he hoped to have him back in the squad before Christmas, but for now he is avoiding contact in training (so he doesn't get similar set-back to Kadeem who got a training knock that put him back many weeks). Guonongbe on the bench then - if he doesn't start.

Revised team..

Etheridge, Patterson, Bamba, Manga, Morrison , Bennett

Ralls, Bryson, Tomlin

Ward Hoillet

3-5-2

Don't agree that Ward hasn't looked like scoring, he's already got a couple and has come close to getting 3-4 more. 2 starts and 12, mostly short, subs appearances. I think he'd work well with Hoillet and Tomlin. He needs support and not to be isolated. We also need to keep it on the deck and not whack long balls at him. By all means get crosses in, he's got a decent leap.

No doubt Warnock will start Feeney or Damour in front of Tomlin though

I'm expecting Gunnar on the bench and would hope to see Pilkington involved too, but don't expect it. At least he can cover the striker if Ward gets injured

It was all looking so good until your subs bench.

Pilkington??? id rather the tea lady.
    Healey? is bogle not available due to the straight red?