On BBC red button at 8pm
    Yeah, saw that!

A taster for Monday night, eh?

Re: Deep Purple live.

Yeah if Ian Gillan gets his breath back

Great band in their day

Speed king , highway star

But every band has its day and these old rock dinosaurs are just on the money train

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Great band in their day

But every band has its day and these old rock dinosaurs are just on the money train
    I think they sound pretty good so far.
    Machine Head was one of the first albums I bought.

Great band in their day
    Have you actually listened to Infinity?

They are (MARK whatever) now an instrumental band with an outstanding keyboard player and guitarist and the original rhythm section.

Machine Head was the first album I ever bought.

Stormbringer was my favourite.
    I liked the funky soul elements. Glenn Hughes and Coverdale shared vocals (in the days when Coverdale was OK)
    Evidently mad-ass Blackmore disliked the album.

Highway Star is a hell of a track mind. An incredible rocker for the time.

Made in Japan wow

Great band in their day
    M

Still touring and selling out wherever they go , still producing innovative music which sells. 50 years and going strong and given a new lease of life in the ninties by Steve Morse. Rock dinosaurs who have had their day - you must be joking

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Still touring and selling out wherever they go , still producing innovative music which sells. 50 years and going strong and given a new lease of life in the ninties by Steve Morse. Rock dinosaurs who have had their day - you must be joking
    I am certainly not joking , same goes for Sabbath who I love

Was lucky enough to see the original Sabbath line up in 1998 at Milton Keynes bowl ........even then I thought it was time for them to step down but no they reformed again , had a farewell tour and then more gigs etc

Rush should have knocked it on the head years ago

I love the power and energy of Deep Purple in their prime , Blackmore on guitars , great rhythm section , Jon lord and Ian Gillan , surely one of the greatest rock vocalists of all time

But in my opinion they are not cutting it anymore , same as pink Floyd , I bought momentary lapse of reason and thought this isn't Floyd , it's just music by numbers

Loved journey in their prime , seen them live with their new vocalist .....who sounds exactly like Steve Perry ......but it sounded like a tribute band

Yes seem to be knocking around in some shape or form

Kiss in their day were a great band but they are still creaking around

All bands have their day , purple are part of rock history and have a place in my collection but it's all a bit long in the tooth for me

Flight of the rat still gets me moving though

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    I liked the funky soul elements. Glenn Hughes and Coverdale shared vocals (in the days when Coverdale was OK)

It really does hit the spot

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post

Coverdale , like Blackmore , had a massive ego

I loved early whitesnake, lovehunter , live in the heart of the city .......but they then went all poodle haired heavy rock , it was cringeworthy stuff

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Rush were until recently still touring , making music and selling out wherever they went but in my opinion the last great album they did was in 1981

Music moves on , loads of great bands out there who have taken hold of rock music but some people are stuck in the past , they have their favourites and woe betide anyone who disagrees

I love Joe satriani , he's a great guitarist but I perish the thought of him still churning out albums

Just my opinion

Foo fighters , another band who made three or four classic albums but are now just another stadium rock outfit

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Machine Head was the first album I ever bought.
    Deep Purple in Rock was mine.

Lads, tune into Radio 3 or Classic FM. Listen to real music for a change instead of a noisy racket.

I saw them at the old Sophia Gardens. They were so loud the paint was pealing off the ceiling and dropping on the crowd like snowflakes.

Music moves on , loads of great bands out there who have taken hold of rock music but some people are stuck in the past , they have their favourites and woe betide anyone who disagrees
    True - so who is the real dinosaur here?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    True - so who is the real dinosaur here?
    Certainly not me mate

Old rockers hark back to the times of purple , zep , Sabbath , etc and they stay there

I love all those bands and still play their music but listen to new bands on the rock scene that are just as innovative as deep purple or Sabbath were in 1970

But for some people time stands still