+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Reliable used car place

Reliable used car place

Any recommendations within Cardiff?

Some idiot decided to smash into the back of my car today, ignoring the fact that even thought the lights were green people weren't moving. The sod has a SA1 postcode to make it even better.

Re: Reliable used car place

That's a real bugger

How much are you looking to spend and what do you need?

If nearly new I'd point you towards Motorpoint in Newport as most of their cars are still within Manufacturers Warranty. There are some real bargains to be had there

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    That's a real bugger

How much are you looking to spend and what do you need?

If nearly new I'd point you towards Motorpoint in Newport as most of their cars are still within Manufacturers Warranty. There are some real bargains to be had there
    Cheers - least wasn't injured. The guy admitted liability, in that he couldn't exactly claim otherwise... so that should help. Bright side is his had an oil leak, possible radiator damage so as his same age as mine will prob be written off so he can go through the same shit I am.

Budget is around £1500 - which is obviously a massive problem. Credit card close to maxed, in bank overdraft. Got new job which helps, but digging out of a hole right now. My old car I was running into ground - 03 reg, 153k but the engine ran pretty smoothly. Of course it means the valuation of it is somewhat between **** all and "you having a laugh?".

http://www.evanshalshaw.com/search/

Not all in Cardiff though, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    http://www.evanshalshaw.com/search/

Not all in Cardiff though, I think.
    There are some good second hand dealers in Bridgend and Barry .....there is one on broad Street but I can't remember it's name

Avoid compact cars in Bridgend at waterton cross at all costs

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    There are some good second hand dealers in Bridgend and Barry .....there is one on broad Street but I can't remember it's name

Avoid compact cars in Bridgend at waterton cross at all costs
    If you are fekd for a motor there is a scrap yard that sells em super cheap by the Vale Council Dept in Wenvoe, by the lane to go into Ely. They look OK. I can't say any more really you would have to look but he always has motors around 300 to 500. Might do until your new job kicks in properly mate. Run into the ground jobs or give it back 2 him. Good luck anyway.

I got my ford c max from Bridgend ford , not a bad car but a little bit too chunky , preferred my old astra estate , great runner

Speak to Jimmy on here, He often has cars knocking around

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Usually free of charge as well

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

Or Cyclops