+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fred Guonongbe back in the frame

Fred Guonongbe back in the frame

The forgotten man seems to be well and truly back in the picture. Warnock this morning:

"Gonoungbe has looked sharp and done really well; why can’t he do a Zohore?

"You just don’t know. He had a bad injury and it took him a long time to get back, but I’ve watched him work over the last few months and he’s trained really hard. He’s been very frustrated and had a lot of family problems which none of us want to hear about, but he’s overcome all that and done really well.

"I asked him if he could play half a game a couple of weeks ago and he didn’t think he was ready, but would if I wanted him to. Since then he’s had 90 minutes, a couple of other games and looked quite sharp and with the situation with Ken and Bogle he’ll come into the reckoning.

"It’s been a first proper chance to see him. I liked him when I first came. He’s probably the best at holding the ball up that we’ve got. He’s definitely the best header of the ball of the strikers. We put a session on yesterday and I mentioned it to fans at a function last night he was like Nat Lofthouse! Really good finishing with his heading, knew what he was doing behind the centre-halves and I was really pleased for him. He’s seen what Ken did with his chance and he’s a really good lad.

"The scout who gave me Loic Damour said to me when I first came I’d really like Gonoungbe, that he’d watched him over the last couple of the years and he would be just my cup of tea. Unfortunately he’s had a couple of injuries after another and never really got a chance and then Ken set the world alight. If he can just have a few months injury-free it will be interesting to see what he does because he is a big problem for centre-halves. You just don’t know."

Re: Fred Guonongbe back in the frame

I remember Warnock saying something similar about his finishing in training last year. Be good to see one go in off his shins or anywhere else. A lucky break. Anything to get his confidence up. A superb header into the top shelf would be better but anything to get him up and running. Come on Fred son. £10 First scorer when he next starts.

Blue in the Face

Back in the frame is better than back on the zimmer frame. How amazing would it be if he turned into our magic hat man?

Banned

Either play him or ship him out, we can't afford passengers. We need goalscorers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Either play him or ship him out, we can't afford passengers. We need goalscorers.

Either play the game or ship out. We can't abide trolls. We need decent posters.

I would love Fred to somehow 'do a Zohore'.
    Or even 'do a Fred'.

Encouraging words from NW.
    Or is January looming .. ;)

Perhaps we will soon see.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    Either play the game or ship out. We can't abide trolls. We need decent posters.
    Can you refrain from slipping in pointless posts, it does nothing apart from making you look a cock .

Yeah vimto, you listen to tandy. He knows what he’s talking about when it comes to looking like a cock.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Yeah vimto, you listen to tandy. He knows what he’s talking about when it comes to looking like a cock.

Does anyone remember the one poster that was actually worse that Tandy? - no - not Chepstow but .. 'CrazyHorse' ?!
    Feck me, what an absolute loon-troll

Yep, that was Tandy's previous entity. 100%.

Years of being an utter f*ckwit. Must be a bit exhausting TBF. Though he is a natural.

And entertaining.

Yeah, I remember crazyhorse.

He didn’t like me very much