+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Six decades of Cardiff City v Brentford matches.

Six decades of Cardiff City v Brentford matches.

Re: Six decades of Cardiff City v Brentford matches.

60's - Derrick Sullivan 70's Bill Glazier 80's Kevin Bartlett

90's - Shane Westley ?

All of those are right Richard.

10s Noone, Kenwyne, Macheda, Ravell, Watt, Whitts

The 00s is Sheffield FC's Ritchie Humphreys. Like Bartlett, he played in all 4 divisions but was unusual in that he started in the Premier League then worked his way down the leagues and was playing in the fourth tier around six years after his Premier League debut. Scored with one of the hardest-hit Premier League goals on his debut, took Wednesday to top spot briefly but that was pretty much it for him in the limelight. Still playing twenty-two years later though, interesting character.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    10s Noone, Kenwyne, Macheda, Ravell, Watt, Whitts
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    The 00s is Sheffield FC's Ritchie Humphreys. Like Bartlett, he played in all 4 divisions but was unusual in that he started in the Premier League then worked his way down the leagues and was playing in the fourth tier around six years after his Premier League debut. Scored with one of the hardest-hit Premier League goals on his debut, took Wednesday to top spot briefly but that was pretty much it for him in the limelight. Still playing twenty-two years later though, interesting character.
    Against Leicester I think it was, but I might well be wrong there. I seem to remember there were a few "future England international" headlines at the time and it was because of those really that I viewed his loan signing for us as something of a coup - another four letter word starting with c and ending with p sprang to mind by the time he'd left and we'd been relegated.