+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Merthyr have imploded again

Merthyr have imploded again

Directors & 80% of players have left

Re: Merthyr have imploded again

Real shame , always used to enjoy the pre season friendlies with merthyr , poor sods have fallen so far

Dreadful news. Were they Owen Money ?

http://www.merthyrtownfc.co.uk/
    Such a shame. I pop up a few times a season and was up there for the Gosport game a couple of weeks back. With the new clubhouse and function rooms etc I was thinking how well and progressive the club was doing. I was told a fortnight ago by someone heavily involved that they were in financial trouble but I must admit I didn't appreciate how serious it was. A real shame for everyone involved in a fantastic club.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    http://www.merthyrtownfc.co.uk/
    Such a shame. I pop up a few times a season and was up there for the Gosport game a couple of weeks back. With the new clubhouse and function rooms etc I was thinking how well and progressive the club was doing. I was told a fortnight ago by someone heavily involved that they were in financial trouble but I must admit I didn't appreciate how serious it was. A real shame for everyone involved in a fantastic club.
    It is , a real shame

The people running the show have a lot to answer for.
    They’ve been giving out full time off field jobs that they had absolutely no chance of sustaining.
    They had a chairman they were paying 40k a year for a part time job that didn’t work Saturdays ffs.
    A chairman of a football club who refuses to work Saturdays?!?! That should have set alarm bells ringing straight away.
    The same guy who only got involved with the club so his building company could the contract for building the new stand and function rooms.
    He’s now taking them to an industrial tribunal because they didn’t follow protocol in making him redundant. As if he hasn’t had enough of their money. Wanker.

3 of the directors resigned because their day jobs are in the tax office or finance so cannot also be directors of a company in administration as they are breaking FSA rules. 2 of them are meant to be financial advisors. That’s a joke in itself.

If the rest of the directors had anything about them they would resign too. It’s an absolute shower of shit.

It’s the fans you got to feel sorry for. Raised all that money to buy out the last charlatan and now back to square one because the people employed to the board are incompetent.

They lost 13-1 today. Had a 15-year-old in goal and were down 4-0 after 15 minutes and losing 9-0 at halftime.

Merthyr Town: Cash-strapped Martyrs thrashed 13-1 by Chesham United - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42039089

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    They lost 13-1 today. Had a 15-year-old in goal and were down 4-0 after 15 minutes and losing 9-0 at halftime.

Merthyr Town: Cash-strapped Martyrs thrashed 13-1 by Chesham United - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42039089
    Someone who shall remain nameless had a tidy pick up today by lumping on Chesham at -4 for the tasty price of 6-1.

The benefits of having a bit of inside info from a well known bookie before the story broke about Merthyr losing most of their players.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The people running the show have a lot to answer for.
    They’ve been giving out full time off field jobs that they had absolutely no chance of sustaining.
    They had a chairman they were paying 40k a year for a part time job that didn’t work Saturdays ffs.
    A chairman of a football club who refuses to work Saturdays?!?! That should have set alarm bells ringing straight away.
    The same guy who only got involved with the club so his building company could the contract for building the new stand and function rooms.
    He’s now taking them to an industrial tribunal because they didn’t follow protocol in making him redundant. As if he hasn’t had enough of their money. Wanker.

3 of the directors resigned because their day jobs are in the tax office or finance so cannot also be directors of a company in administration as they are breaking FSA rules. 2 of them are meant to be financial advisors. That’s a joke in itself.

If the rest of the directors had anything about them they would resign too. It’s an absolute shower of shit.

It’s the fans you got to feel sorry for. Raised all that money to buy out the last charlatan and now back to square one because the people employed to the board are incompetent.
    Just about nailed it all there, not sure the ex chairman's company undertook the building works thou, more likely he project managed the works and very conveniently handed all the contracts to his best mate.

Would it be possible if the other Welsh clubs rallied around and provided help with players etc.May have to wait until transfer window opens but may be a good thing for some of our younger players.
    If the present board resign fair enough but who will step in to replace them.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    Would it be possible if the other Welsh clubs rallied around and provided help with players etc.May have to wait until transfer window opens but may be a good thing for some of our younger players.
    If the present board resign fair enough but who will step in to replace them.
    They already have a close tie up with Swansea, it's cash they need and quickly, unless someone bails them I suspect it'll end in admin or liquidation depending on the nature and extent of the list of creditors. You would think they'd have learned a lesson in financial prudence after going bust and reforming again as a newco so recently as they have.