+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is Porthcawl still bluebird country?

Is Porthcawl still bluebird country?

Always remember being in Sharm el Sheik when City played Jacks away a few years ago - there was me, a Swansea fan and 3 lads from Porthcawl - all mad CCFC fans - we all went mad when we equalised - lost 3-2 from memory

Re: Is Porthcawl still bluebird country?

Big Jason from Porthcawl was a massive City fan and personality when I first started going in early 90s

Sadly passed away now. RIP

I know a few City from Porthcawl they have their own facebook page all tidy lads.
    I`ve been away with them a few times good drinkers and great company.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Big Jason from Porthcawl was a massive City fan and personality when I first started going in early 90s

Sadly passed away now. RIP
    His brother Jarrod still goes to matches I think.

I think it's got a few bandwagon jacks on board but it's always been a Cardiff town

Big Jason used to travel on our bus then hop it back to porthcawl to work the doors on the stoneleigh club before it burnt down

Big city support round porthcawl , cornelly, margam, they used to drink in the taps

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Always remember being in Sharm el Sheik when City played Jacks away a few years ago - there was me, a Swansea fan and 3 lads from Porthcawl - all mad CCFC fans - we all went mad when we equalised - lost 3-2 from memory
    Used to occasionally travel with Big Jason (RIP), Steve David (RIPJ and our driver, the legendary *Mighty Atom” Peter Webb. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Liege'93 View Post
    Used to occasionally travel with Big Jason (RIP), Steve David (RIPJ and our driver, the legendary *Mighty Atom” Peter Webb. Good times.
    Steve David was a great bloke , used to work for Bridgend council , Webb was potty

Do you know mad Max ? Steve Mathews ?

I live in Bridgend, would say 80% Cardiff
    I went to School In Porthcawl would say 70% Cardiff

However what I would say is that a lot of boys in these places identify as Cardiff, but have only ever attended a few games here and there over the years, but all the Swansea boys I know in Bridgend are big time supporters home and away.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I live in Bridgend, would say 80% Cardiff
    I went to School In Porthcawl would say 70% Cardiff

However what I would say is that a lot of boys in these places identify as Cardiff, but have only ever attended a few games here and there over the years, but all the Swansea boys I know in Bridgend are big time supporters home and away.
    There's that Swansea pub in Bridgend up by the hospital

Most of the jacks I know in Bridgend are old gits who went down to see them in the old first division , success breeds support

Maesteg is still a city stronghold

And a lot of Cardiff up the Bridgend valleys like ogmore vale , bryncethin , sarn etc

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Steve David was a great bloke , used to work for Bridgend council , Webb was potty

Do you know mad Max ? Steve Mathews ?
    To be honest Sludge, I don’t recognise the names but a fair chance I know the faces. We used to travel with a few faces from Pyle, Kenfig Hill, PT & Pencoed in various permutations but always with Pete driving with pedal to the metal all the way.

To be honest Sludge, I don’t recognise the names but a fair chance I know the faces. We used to travel with a few faces from Pyle, Kenfig Hill, PT & Pencoed in various permutations but always with Pete driving with pedal to the metal all the way.
    Didn't he get banned and there was the chant webby is innocent !!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Didn't he get banned and there was the chant webby is innocent !!
    Banned? Nah, got smuggled in someone’s shirt pocket.

Banned? Nah, got smuggled in someone’s shirt pocket.
    Didn't he move down to Torquay ?

Pete webb still travels with them I think he has retired now. Went with them to Wolves in a minibus a couple of seasons back

Been back from there quite a while now.....

i watched a fair bit of football in Porthcawl hostelries around mid 2000's and it seemed very Jack-centric TBH

Im from down that way. Its about 60/40 in favour id say nowadays.