+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chris Coleman resigns as Wales manager to take over Sunderland

Re: Chris Coleman resigns as Wales manager to take over Sunderland (Sky sources)

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    They've spent 87 seasons in the top flight compared to our?
    Don't think we are in a position to judge who is shit.
    They are now shit end of

Banned

Re: Chris Coleman resigns as Wales manager to take over Sunderland (Sky sources)

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Massive compared to what
    The 85 clubs who have a lower attendance.
    Are you always this stupid or have you had a bump?

They ain't in the top flight now are they, sunshine? They're closer to a season playing Rochdale and Walsall than Man United and Chelsea.

What has history got to do with it?

They are a massive club.
    They are also pretty shit at playing football, as the inevitable consecutive relegation will show.

I would have thought that he could have gt a better job. He certainly couldn't have got a bigger job in size of task. Osian Roberts must stay. Non negiotable for me. Chris did a good job though. Semi finals of the euros what a laugh. You wouldn't have dreamed of it when Vinnie Jones was captain or countless other embarrassment s over the years.

Since when are crowd sizes important in judging if a manager has made a good move or not. You are struggling in justifying Coleman's choice. I suspect Coleman will justify it by claiming the FAW didn't meet his demands. That's fair enough. Claiming he's making a good decision because Sunderland are getting bigger crowds than Spurs, Chelsea or Everton is madness.

you are just arguing for arguing sake aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    I would have thought that he could have gt a better job. He certainly couldn't have got a bigger job in size of task. Osian Roberts must stay. Non negiotable for me. Chris did a good job though. Semi finals of the euros what a laugh. You wouldn't have dreamed of it when Vinnie Jones was captain or countless other embarrassment s over the years.
    I would have thought he could have waited for the next management sack race. Wales have no competitive games until next year - it does look a tad desperate from Coleman.

Are you always this much of a cock or have you had a Friday night drink again?

Re: Chris Coleman resigns as Wales manager to take over Sunderland

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Plenty of clubs have been looking for managers since the season started and he hasn’t had a sniff.

Maybe that’s why he’s had to take such a shit job
    That’s p*** poor reasoning. The guy was managing a Wales side still very much in contention for WC finals.

No competitive games for Wales until spring 2019 so no need to rush into an appointment. If Pulis leaves West Brom he would be a wise choice if the FAW can afford him. Anyone but Giggs tbh.

Money talks and he's had 5 years in the job. It's not surprising, but let's hope the next gaffer is the right appointment and is not rushed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    What has history got to do with it?

They are a massive club.
    They are also pretty shit at playing football, as the inevitable consecutive relegation will show.
    He wouldn't be gong there if they were top of the league.
    Tell us all where he should have gone?

A well run club would be a good choice.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    OK mike sunderland are shit goodnight and get ****ed you double headed fat ****

What do attendances have to do with how big the club is,why do you have to give insults,do you have a problem at home

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Press the button Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    That’s p*** poor reasoning. The guy was managing a Wales side still very much in contention for WC finals.
    It isn't poor reasoning. Do you think he's been turning down clubs? Do you think he turned down Palace (where he once played)? Did he turn down Everton? Were West Ham interested? Leicester? Birmingham? This is his first offer, and he probably deserves better. It's a stepping stone back into club management.

Well duh he wouldn't be going there if they were top of the league.

Given “I have always stressed I would love to experience working in the Champions League,” said Coleman. “I am not going to get that from a club in the Premier League. It is just not going to happen, not now. To do that, I would probably have to travel.”

How exactly does that reconcile with taking on the Sunderland job?

Somebody’s going to be embarrassed in the morning when they sober up.

I almost feel sorry for you.

Very nice and mature.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Press the button Mike
    It’s the humane thing to do.

I wonder if he's regretting it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Nonsense. West Ham and Everton have both lost their managers since we were knocked out. Watford, Burnley, Swansea and WBA could soon be looking for a new manager. If he was that much in demand he wouldn’t be taking a club in free fall to league 1, who haven’t got a pot to piss in. The Villa job it isn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I find that a bit insulting, the Welsh managers job is considered lower than that of Sunderland - FFS.

We have a team that is brimming with talents and optimism - they have a sh1t city, a sh1t team and freezing cold weather. He chose that of what he had - blimey that is shocking
    You're acting as if the decision was made for footballing reasons rather than monetary.