+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: UK export figures not quite as they seem

Re: UK export figures not quite as they seem

Is that real gold or Titanium coated gold ?

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Does it matter ?
    I would guess it does if you so say owned any of it.

I'm not anti 'Brexit done properly' but it seems that everything presented to the people is basically horseshit and nobody has a clue what 'done properly' might even look like.

I believe the acronyms FFS and WTAF fit well.

In an election at least you have manifestoes which offer alternatives.
    In this utter ****iwit of a referendum (granted the Remain campaign was abysmal) you had the choice of staying with what you had know ie the single market, the parliament, other mechanisms of the EU or vague promises made my people who weren’t able to enact them.
    I voted Remain as I did not see any viable alternative as there still isn’t now, merely panic measures from a severely weakened position.
    Bunch of ****ing arse.

* All sides did state that leaving the EU meant leaving the single market - whether people voted realising that is up for debate - but it was mentioned constantly.
    I don't think so.

https://youtu.be/0xGt3QmRSZY

Agreed -
    * You couldnt vote for the status quo - as the 5 presidents report outlined all the big changes they were planning - EU army, TTIP, expansion of 5 more countries (each unemployment levels of over 25%) and still NO control of immigrationm levels - like we used to have pre Maastricht treaty.

* All sides did state that leaving the EU meant leaving the single market - whether people voted realising that is up for debate - but it was mentioned constantly.

* Arrogant Westminster bubble politicians of ALL sides are living some sort of dream - try telling Labour voters in deprived areas that people under cutting wages, and a steady supply of cheaper Labour means they wont progress in life. School places, Dr appointment times increased etc. Compare that to conservative Leave supporters who think there is a better life outside the EU - based on incorrect figures (like the Gold affecting the trade figures - as stated above)

* People voted not economic grounds but on political grounds, they were told it may make the economy worse - they still voted Leave.

The overwhelming thoughts I get on this is that people want to be in Europe, trading with other nation states freely, with a standard set of rules and regs to make it easier to trade and should we want to move to France - we need to get the 'ok come in' approval of the French Govt.

What we dont want is unfettered access of the 500 million people in the EU, the ability to stay who comes in and out - using a system that is fair for anyone (including non EU citizens) we want Indian Dr's, American business people, Kenyan farmers products.

The EU wont change just for us though (obviously) - and the unelected EU commission cant be changed - they think they are above the individual members states.

What we end up with is anyone's guess - and I'm still not sure if it was the right or wrong decision - which is why I couldnt make my mind up which way to vote.
    Good post and if I wasn’t halfway through a bottle of vino I’d write more but in a nutshell my own thoughts are I’d rather stay then risk uncertainty based on sound bites.
    The EU is far from perfect, but nobody’s sold me a better way, merely daft rhetoric

* People voted not economic grounds but on political grounds, they were told it may make the economy worse - they still voted Leave.
    You're obviously a leave voter. Can I ask one question.

If things go tits up because of Brexit, economic problems, people losing their jobs etc, why do you think Brexit would be worth it if people are forced to struggle more than they currently do? If you feel that is ok, what sort of authority do you feel you have to believe it's ok for people to struggle?

Eric - you are obviously havent read a single word I wrote (no problem), with all of this I could not decide which way to vote, as stated many many times.
    Economically in, politically out, cant vote for the status quo (did you read the 5 presidents report before you voted - I did).

People did not vote on economic grounds (read that sentence again) they voted on political grounds. Something which many people have failed to understand. I run my own business - every day I struggle to make money.

I dont have any authority for anything mate, I'm just a bloke that runs his own business, worked in the public and private sector and follows the city.

I couldnt make my mind up (as stated before) I do though understand the logic of both sides.

If the EU couldnt care less - why do you think they are so keen for us to pay them 50 odd billion.

I understand both sides of the risk - which is why both sides are bluffing - nothing wrong with that - Id do the same

Going back to a pre Maastricght would be preferable for most

The bit about voting politically and not understanding the ramifications is getting more clear.

Reading the Times the other day Grimsby Cornwall and some place in the West Midlands have realised EU funding is going to dry up and have asked for special funding post Brexit

Yet they all voted out!!!!!

The elderly also voted out but we’ve now seen a drop in EU nurses who would tend for those on care homes.

As I said I scratch my head in wonderment at the damage some people have done to themselves.

Post deleted.
    Last edited by Vimto; 19-11-17 at 12:36. Reason: I didnt read properly ;)