+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time to tell them to bugger off and not give them anything

Re: Time to tell them to bugger off and not give them anything

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Not really.

I just find it highly amusing that apparently 419 Russian bots ( one of whom turned out to actually be a Scottish security guard ) were magically able to convince the majority to vote Brexit.
    I could swear if you read to the end of my post it says something about not being sure..and wacky conspiracies.

Have a night off ffs.

You literally log on, shit all over the board, log off. Give us a break is it.

We're 'given two weeks' and this is seen as an ultimatum even though no-one thought to have a plan in place before this all began, not even UKIP, even though it was their reason for being. (Although we shouldn't expect too much from those jingoistic ****wumps). Now we've sent in the clowns to negotiate. What a depressing shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    We're 'given two weeks' and this is seen as an ultimatum even though no-one thought to have a plan in place before this all began, not even UKIP, even though it was their reason for being. (Although we shouldn't expect too much from those jingoistic ****wumps). Now we've sent in the clowns to negotiate. What a depressing shambles.
    It's going to bite us on the arse big time , a total disaster awaits

Bloody silly old rule brittania crap

This pretty much sums it up for me.

It is absolutely clear now that nobody was prepared for the result.

The remain campaign thought we’d remain, the leave campaign thought we’d remain, my guess is that those who voted leave thought we’d remain.

Nobody had a plan to deal with a leave vote then, they don’t appear to have one now. Johnson, Farage and Gove were all giving it the big one about leaving, but now they’ve achieved the result they didn’t expect, and i suspect didn’t really want, have left it for other, even more incompetent arseholes to sort out.

As for controlling outer borders, our border with Europe is Calais. Do you think the French are going to be more or less vigilant in letting migrants out of their country and into ours?

What the hell is going to happen in Ireland? If anyone’s got any ideas, please let Theresa May know, because she doesn’t have any.

Quite a telling quote from:the Irish prime minister

“Mr Varadkar added: "It's 18 months since the referendum, it's 10 years since people who wanted a referendum started agitating for one.
    "Sometimes it doesn't seem like they have thought all this through."

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    This pretty much sums it up for me.

It is absolutely clear now that nobody was prepared for the result.

The remain campaign thought we’d remain, the leave campaign thought we’d remain, my guess is that those who voted leave thought we’d remain.

Nobody had a plan to deal with a leave vote then, they don’t appear to have one now. Johnson, Farage and Gove were all giving it the big one about leaving, but now they’ve achieved the result they didn’t expect, and i suspect didn’t really want, have left it for other, even more incompetent arseholes to sort out.

As for controlling outer borders, our border with Europe is Calais. Do you think the French are going to be more or less vigilant in letting migrants out of their country and into ours?

What the hell is going to happen in Ireland? If anyone’s got any ideas, please let Theresa May know, because she doesn’t have any.
    Farage the arsehole and the right wing of the Tory party had control of the agenda , throw in the xenophobic media and bobs your uncle

Nightmare

Gove is a horrible git

Yeah less owwwl tell "em to buggery off, we got Dunkirk, Blitz Spirit, Queen Muvver, Pearly King, Feet n Inches, Lambeth Walk, Fish n Chips, Pwopah Beer, Up ve Ammers, The faaakin Empire, White Vans, Made in Bwittun, an I'm wavin me Union Flag like we did in the Wawers, and before faaaaakin nointeen seventy freeee-aaaah.

Laaaahvley.

:rolleyeswtfsmiley:

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    Yeah less owwwl tell "em to buggery off, we got Dunkirk, Blitz Spirit, Queen Muvver, Pearly King, Feet n Inches, Lambeth Walk, Fish n Chips, Pwopah Beer, Up ve Ammers, The faaakin Empire, White Vans, Made in Bwittun, an I'm wavin me Union Flag like we did in the Wawers, and before faaaaakin nointeen seventy freeee-aaaah.

Laaaahvley.

:rolleyeswtfsmiley:
    That map of the world will soon be turning pink again, you wait and see.

I must say that, having read this thread, all Theresa May needs to do is send in some of the experts on everything we've got on here to the negotiations and that'll be Brexit sorted in a couple of hours .

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That map of the world will soon be turning pink again, you wait and see.

I must say that, having read this thread, all Theresa May needs to do is send in some of the experts on everything we've got on here to the negotiations and that'll be Brexit sorted in a couple of hours .
    Bob, normally I’d agree with your sentiment.

But in this case, I really do believe that those of us posting on this thread would be hard pressed to make a bigger clusterfvck out of this than the bunch of muppets who are currently leading the negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Not really.

I just find it highly amusing that apparently 419 Russian bots ( one of whom turned out to actually be a Scottish security guard ) were magically able to convince the majority to vote Brexit.
    Social media and the right wing press convinced people to vote Brexit. People have been successfully convinced for years that British values have been impinged by immigrants, who are either here for jobs or benefits.

I've lost count of the number of times I've corrected 'friends' on Facebook when they post bollocks about poppy displays, military heroes being spat on, Nativity plays being stopped, Christmas no longer being called Christmas etc etc etc etc. All of it is absolute bollocks but people believe it, and some actually want to believe it even when proved wrong.

Take away the utter fools who have been convinced that Brexit will make a difference in this regard and Brexit would not have happened.

My dad voted Brexit so we can return to imperial measurements and pounds, shillings and pence, the idiot. He reckons he read that was a promise somewhere.

I have always maintained that, had we had a factual debate during the referendum Brexit would not have happened. We've seen that support for Brexit has waned as people realise the consequences. We've been duped. Simple as.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Social media and the right wing press convinced people to vote Brexit. People have been successfully convinced for years that British values have been impinged by immigrants, who are either here for jobs or benefits.

I've lost count of the number of times I've corrected 'friends' on Facebook when they post bollocks about poppy displays, military heroes being spat on, Nativity plays being stopped, Christmas no longer being called Christmas etc etc etc etc. All of it is absolute bollocks but people believe it, and some actually want to believe it even when proved wrong.

Take away the utter fools who have been convinced that Brexit will make a difference in this regard and Brexit would not have happened.

My dad voted Brexit so we can return to imperial measurements and pounds, shillings and pence, the idiot. He reckons he read that was a promise somewhere.

I have always maintained that, had we had a factual debate during the referendum Brexit would not have happened. We've seen that support for Brexit has waned as people realise the consequences. We've been duped. Simple as.
    Agree with every word.
    I had a similar conversation with someone close to me who cited “all those immigrants in Calais”, my response was “exactly. They’re in Calais not Cardiff”

It sure is. A cluster-shambles.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

fwro the European chappies wroughly to the grwound centuwian

The EU is an organisation with assets and liabilities.The EU has been clear that when the UK leaves, it is expected to pay off its share of the liabilities https://www.instituteforgovernment.o...u-divorce-bill
    Legally we have no obligation to pay anything. It's quite strange how many EU supporters are happy to take their side on these negotiations, despite how reasonable the UK is being and how unreasonable the EU bureaucrats are being. Most peculiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Legally we have no obligation to pay anything. It's quite strange how many EU supporters are happy to take their side on these negotiations, despite how reasonable the UK is being and how unreasonable the EU bureaucrats are being. Most peculiar.
    It surely has to be a case of " we want a trade deal, they want us to pay them alot of money " you have a deal in that statement allready

no trade deal, no money

No money, no trade deal

The EU are shit-scared that we do well.
    It will collapse in a few years under its own weight.

despite how reasonable the UK is being and how unreasonable the EU bureaucrats are being.
    Where have you read that bollocks?

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I think you may well be right on that one, 5 countries coming in, all with unemployment levels circa 25%+. That means cheap labour for Germany, and other citixens will have their wages kept low because of the ready supply of labour - does anyone want that apart from Employers ?

Yanis Faourakis The ex Greek finance minister has similar ideas. They loaded Greece with debt - and when Greece said they couldnt repay - rather than the German banks suffer the Germans effectively put the Greek economy on the never never - in order to keep te German banks (and the European Bank afloat)

Basket case.com
    In a similar way, we turn a partial blind eye to illegal immigration for the same reason - cheap labour. This and previous governments could have sorted out immigration but have chosen not to, then blamed the EU.

Wales received more per head than most parts of the UK, maybe if the money had been spent wisely and distributed fairly across Wales, then Wales en-block mighted to have voted to remain, I see a few retort to those that voted to leave as idiots and stupid, this type of representation (similar to killary referring to many as deplorables) did no favours, the remain campaign failed to get across the benefits of remaining, largely because the benefits were retained by a select minority, the result in Wales was repeated throughout the poorer areas of the UK, whilst many of you just blame the people referring to them as idiots, the blame of the result lies firmly at the door of those so called leaders campaigning to stay, they didn't do their job effectively enough. There will i'm sure, be a bloody mess for years to come but if the country can get through the 15/20 year period ahead, then perhaps the following future may be O.K, it's total guesswork from all sides and there is WWIII to come to shake it all down, it's cyclic and the world population is too great, for the planet to be able to support it, in it's current guise. Agenda 21 folks!!!.

Where have you read that bollocks?
    The UK has offered a substantial divorce settlement when it doesn't need to pay a penny. I'd say that was being reasonable. Keep batting for the EU though.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I think you may well be right on that one, 5 countries coming in, all with unemployment levels circa 25%+. That means cheap labour for Germany, and other citixens will have their wages kept low because of the ready supply of labour - does anyone want that apart from Employers ?

Yanis Faourakis The ex Greek finance minister has similar ideas. They loaded Greece with debt - and when Greece said they couldnt repay - rather than the German banks suffer the Germans effectively put the Greek economy on the never never - in order to keep te German banks (and the European Bank afloat)

Basket case.com
    Yep. We're told now that it's reactionary to oppose membership even though back in the 70s and 80s the left wanted out. It hasn't changed, it's still on the side of capital. Ask the people of Greece or Catalonia if the EU has sided with the common man.

The UK has offered a substantial divorce settlement when it doesn't need to pay a penny. I'd say that was being reasonable. Keep batting for the EU though.
    I read in the right wing media that the UK are the only parties being decent. I read in alternative media sources that the EU are the only ones being decent.

I suspect somewhere in the middle is where the truth lies. Neither are being particularly decent. That also seems most logical given the circumstances.

Because of this, I stand by my statement that your suggestion that the UK are the only ones being reasonable is bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    There will i'm sure, be a bloody mess for years to come but if the country can get through the 15/20 year period ahead, then perhaps the following future may be O.K,
    Great. Let the younger generation sort out the mess and pay for it. It's this aspect of Brexit that makes me most angry, that people are happy with 20 years of misery (or more accurately are happy for others to burden 20 years of misery).

I read in the right wing media that the UK are the only parties being decent. I read in alternative media sources that the EU are the only ones being decent.

I suspect somewhere in the middle is where the truth lies. Neither are being particularly decent. That also seems most logical given the circumstances.

Because of this, I stand by my statement that your suggestion that the UK are the only ones being reasonable is bollocks.
    You can stand by what you like. If one party offers money they don't owe then I can't see how that is unreasonable. But you are entitled to your opinion of course, however flawed it might be.

But you are entitled to your opinion of course, however flawed it might be.
    Exactly the same goes for your logic. Utterly flawed. And bollocks.