Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
Social media and the right wing press convinced people to vote Brexit. People have been successfully convinced for years that British values have been impinged by immigrants, who are either here for jobs or benefits.

I've lost count of the number of times I've corrected 'friends' on Facebook when they post bollocks about poppy displays, military heroes being spat on, Nativity plays being stopped, Christmas no longer being called Christmas etc etc etc etc. All of it is absolute bollocks but people believe it, and some actually want to believe it even when proved wrong.

Take away the utter fools who have been convinced that Brexit will make a difference in this regard and Brexit would not have happened.

My dad voted Brexit so we can return to imperial measurements and pounds, shillings and pence, the idiot. He reckons he read that was a promise somewhere.

I have always maintained that, had we had a factual debate during the referendum Brexit would not have happened. We've seen that support for Brexit has waned as people realise the consequences. We've been duped. Simple as.
Agree with every word.
I had a similar conversation with someone close to me who cited “all those immigrants in Calais”, my response was “exactly. They’re in Calais not Cardiff”