+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Time to tell them to bugger off and not give them anything

Re: Time to tell them to bugger off and not give them anything

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    But you don't get it that if Brexit fails, the UK will suffer big time as well.

The core interest is to get a deal that suits both UK and EU or Brexit is scrapped. A no deal is not in Britain's best interest, no matter how much you swallow from the right wing media.
    Of course I get that - which is why any post Brexit actions have to focus on increasing non EU trade over EU trade.

You seem to believe there's interest in EU for a deal that suits both. You seriously believe EU want that? They want to scupper Brexit, try to force a lousy deal. EU want to send a message to any other nation thinking of leaving.

I'm well aware many, like Corbyn, reject "no deal". That's a great negotiating tactic that, "we'll accept any deal or will cancel Brexit".

EU is very much on a downward curve; German economics dominating it and Merkel can't even form a government at the moment. When Britain leaves, others will have to step forward due to the loss of the net contributions. Can't see Germany being happy at having to burden that load even more.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Are there any other countries in the world that have handed over judicial decisions to a body in another country ? or any country that has effectively joined forces with another country and then moved bits of parliament to that other country etc etc

As I cant think of any - I'm discounting the US - as it's that sort of federal states type system since it's begining.

Does Japan let China dictate it's health and safety laws ?
    Maybe Australia allows New Zealand to rule on some Australian law cases.
    What about Mexico telling the US to give it's seat on the UN security council in favour of a combined US/Mexico representative ?

To me - that is what is wrong with the whole system, lets trade with each other, lets even have our own industrial currency that we do imports / exports in, maybe even agree on a set of common safety rules for all our collective electrical products. But let us not tell each other that we are free to come and go into each others countries etc - lets not encourage companies in one country to avoid paying tax in another country because it offers a cheaper tax rate.
    The problem with the EU concept as anything other than a trading block is that the European nations are far too disperse. Trying to fit all into a "one size fits all" approach doesn't work.

As you mentioned tax I just find the EU utterly hypocritical. "Clamp down on tax" - like Juncker did in Luxemburg for example?

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    The thing that bugs me about this whole "divorce bill" is it's completely unhinged.

"You want a divorce? Give me loads of money".

Ok, in that case let's look at dividing the assets up then. Oh wait, EU seem to be very quiet about that.
    They are dividing the assets. This is net of any asset division