+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next Wales Manager

Re: Next Wales Manager

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Did Hughes or speed have any experience?
    Maybe not, but they did have the respect of fellow professionals and fans. I have yet to hear many good words spoken about Giggs as a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I think it will be Bellamy or Giggs.

The fact Souness is 33/1 on that list is laughable.
    Betting odds reflect money put on candidates not necessarily reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    A bit weird how Carl Robinson is not on the betting list. I'd have him as second most likely to get the job. If not favourite.
    Most people won't be aware of him, managing in MLS as he does.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    There are a solid hardcore of fans that turned up. Time and time again bought their tickets. I have no footballing ability so i did all i could for Wales and bought tickets. Ryan Giggs had all the ability in the world, he just couldn't be bothered for Wales. Its hard to respect him for that. There is a large section of Welsh fans that simply do not like Giggs.
    Exactly this

I travelled a fair bit to watch Wales ( home and away ), spent a fair % of my money on it at times, more often then not, more than i could afford, that Foker couldnt even be arsed, he would play for Utd the week before, then report injured for a midweek game, then somehow he was fit again for Utd

He should never be given a chance again with Wales, he blew them all

I just hope he sat in his massive house and watched last summer and thought " what might have been, if only i could have been bothered " Bale puts him to shame, Injured, he still turns up and supports the lads

Pulis by the looks

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Pulis for me, with young assistant to bring through. If Chris Coleman can achieve what he did, then Pulis with his experience will do for me.
    Barry Shitpeas is Andrew Crofts NQAT

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Exactly this

I travelled a fair bit to watch Wales ( home and away ), spent a fair % of my money on it at times, more often then not, more than i could afford, that Foker couldnt even be arsed, he would play for Utd the week before, then report injured for a midweek game, then somehow he was fit again for Utd

He should never be given a chance again with Wales, he blew them all

I just hope he sat in his massive house and watched last summer and thought " what might have been, if only i could have been bothered " Bale puts him to shame, Injured, he still turns up and supports the lads
    In a nutshell Matt

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Giggs in the last few weeks signed a consultancy role with Vietnam for two years.

Having the Welsh role would be a conflict of interest.
    I wouldn't mind a friendly out in Vietnam, my mate was out there in the summer and said it was 20p a pint!.

what about Brian Flynn?

I'm not an intentional fan, however if Wales are to move on, a fresh young mind is needed. who understands the modern game its
    training methods and tactics, I would avoid the older school manager such as Pulis, and take a punt on a left-field choice ,here is one Mark Sampson

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'm not an intentional fan, however if Wales are to move on, a fresh young mind is needed. who understands the modern game its
    training methods and tactics, I would avoid the older school manager such as Pulis, and take a punt on a left-field choice ,here is one Mark Sampson
    Not a bad shout. Obviously a talented manager who was hung out to to dry by the FA.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    what about Brian Flynn?
    Very under rated.

Tandy

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Not a bad shout. Obviously a talented manager who was hung out to to dry by the FA.
    .......for allegedly being a bit of a cock ..... on more than one occasion.

I'm not massively keen on Pulis. His style of play is very different to that the players have become used when playing for Wales.

If you want someone who knows the game and is young and wanting to prove himself, I'd say Henry would be the best call. Get him in along with some forward thinking coaches and it'd be an intriguing proposition. The players would look up to him and be keen to impress. He's articulate (which Giggs lacks) and seems to have the right personality. I think that most importantly for an international coach (and something that Giggs also lacks) is an inside knowledge of how the game is played in different parts of the world.

Might be interested in coming after the summer ?

Overall, on paper, I think he has at least as many positives and fewer negatives than Giggs, Pulis or Sampson.

.....then again, how about Sampson, Mackay and Atkinson for a non-PC dream team. It'd at least be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Very under rated.
    Should've had the job before Coleman as he pretty much brought most of the players through u21's but got shit on by the faw

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Should've had the job before Coleman as he pretty much brought most of the players through u21's but got shit on by the faw
    Yes, he had one game to prove himself to the FAW from what I recall.

Flynn isn't an option now of course, but I'd have had him as City manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    .......for allegedly being a bit of a cock ..... on more than one occasion.

I'm not massively keen on Pulis. His style of play is very different to that the players have become used when playing for Wales.

If you want someone who knows the game and is young and wanting to prove himself, I'd say Henry would be the best call. Get him in along with some forward thinking coaches and it'd be an intriguing proposition. The players would look up to him and be keen to impress. He's articulate (which Giggs lacks) and seems to have the right personality. I think that most importantly for an international coach (and something that Giggs also lacks) is an inside knowledge of how the game is played in different parts of the world.

Might be interested in coming after the summer ?

Overall, on paper, I think he has at least as many positives and fewer negatives than Giggs, Pulis or Sampson.

.....then again, how about Sampson, Mackay and Atkinson for a non-PC dream team. It'd at least be funny.
    I’d take Henry and I’d love it if we were to play the ROI and beat them via a controversial handball.

Slaven Bilic?

Glenn Hoddle with Bellamy as assistant

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    Maybe not, but they did have the respect of fellow professionals and fans. I have yet to hear many good words spoken about Giggs as a person.
    Yep. But the comment was about experience wasn't it 👍

Terry Henry or Bellers would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Terry Henry or Bellers would be good.
    How about Henry AND Bellamy !? Bellamy in the Roy Keane role.

Bit of an odd couple but that'd be a reeeeally interesting choice by the FAW. Too "out there" if their previous choices are anything to go by though.

Shame.

I wonder how many of Giggsy's critics turned up for last Tuesday's Friendly with Panama? Friendlies are to try out your young players not your best players who have extra European Club commitments! Ramsey and Bale have missed Friendlies and will miss more as they get older and have European Club commitments.

According to Twitter, Pulis is being sacked.
    Wales?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    According to Twitter, Pulis is being sacked.
    Wales?
    Would he stick to the same style of play though? I think Wales need an identity now in terms of the style we chose to play, we're never going to be a Brazil or a Spain, but they never seem to change too much (sure someone will prove me wrong with greater knowledge)
    Id like to see us stay with the same way of playing...well a little bit more urgency..but if rather not see a wholesale change in our approach.