+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next Wales Manager

Re: Next Wales Manager

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Would he stick to the same style of play though? I think Wales need an identity now in terms of the style we chose to play, we're never going to be a Brazil or a Spain, but they never seem to change too much (sure someone will prove me wrong with greater knowledge)
    Id like to see us stay with the same way of playing...well a little bit more urgency..but if rather not see a wholesale change in our approach.
    Ampadu is an exciting prospect, I can't remember when last we had a deep lying playmaker, and along with the young lads out wide, I think the next few years are going to be very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    I wonder how many of Giggsy's critics turned up for last Tuesday's Friendly with Panama? Friendlies are to try out your young players not your best players who have extra European Club commitments! Ramsey and Bale have missed Friendlies and will miss more as they get older and have European Club commitments.
    I wonder how many of Giggsy’s critics would have given their left nut to pull on the wales jersey and play for their country just once?

It’s supposed to be an honour not an inconvenience.

The fact that he treated it as the latter speaks volumes.

Anyone but Giggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    I wonder how many of Giggsy’s critics would have given their left nut to pull on the wales jersey and play for their country just once?

Anyone but Giggs.
    #anyonebutgiggs

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Latest Odds:

Ryan Giggs 4/6
    Tony Pulis 4/1
    Kenny Jackett 12/1
    Craig Bellamy 16/1
    Mark Hughes 16/1
    Alan Pardew 20/1
    Dean Saunders 20/1
    Geriant Williams 25/1
    Harry Redknapp 25/1
    Iwan Roberts 25/1
    Kit Symons 25/1
    Lars Lagerback 25/1
    Phillipe Troussier 25/1
    Bert Van Marwijk 33/1
    Brian Flynn 33/1
    Brian McDermott 33/1
    Gianfranco Zola 33/1
    Gordon Strachan 33/1
    Graeme Souness 33/1
    Jean Tigana 33/1
    Kenny Dalglish 33/1
    Luis Enrique 33/1
    Marco Tardelli 33/1
    Martin ONeill 33/1
    Mick McCarthy 33/1
    Nigel Worthington 33/1
    Paul Trollope 33/1
    Ray Wilkins 33/1
    Raymond Verheijen 33/1
    Simon Davey 33/1
    Glyn Hodges 40/1
    Malky Mackay 40/1
    Owen Coyle 40/1
    Alex McLeish 50/1
    Chris Hughton 50/1
    John Hartson 50/1
    John Toshack 66/1
    Robbie Savage 100/1

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...manent-manager
    I actually think that Warnock would be more or less ideal for wales manager - not that I'd like to see it.

Michael oneil has been linked heavily with scotland, but why not Wales?

Bielsa? for a really off the wall suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I actually think that Warnock would be more or less ideal for wales manager - not that I'd like to see it.

Michael oneil has been linked heavily with scotland, but why not Wales?

Bielsa? for a really off the wall suggestion
    Perhaps because O Neill and his staff all live in Scotland that’s why he is being so heavily linked with them

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Ampadu is an exciting prospect, I can't remember when last we had a deep lying playmaker, and along with the young lads out wide, I think the next few years are going to be very interesting.
    If he lives up to potential, along with Brooks Wilson Woodburn...lawrence is a bit older but also has plenty of years ahead of him.

Blue in the Face

On Flynn. He had his audition managing the senior Welsh team and it didn't go well. Glad he too care of that special u21s team when he did.

Why are folks so keen on Henry for Wales by the way? Great player often doesn't equate to decent manager.

What's Tosh up to these days? Short term appointment with Bellers as his assistant.

Osian Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

Anyone but Giggs.
    At the time he retired Giggs was in the top ten of international caps for Wales.
    Yes he didn't play friendlies or once we couldn't qualify but you could equally argue that it was just as important to give someone else some playing time in that situation.

Not convinced by him as manager at all though

At the time he retired Giggs was in the top ten of international caps for Wales.
    Yes he didn't play friendlies or once we couldn't qualify but you could equally argue that it was just as important to give someone else some playing time in that situation.

Not convinced by him as manager at all though
    My favourite way to cook eggs is to poach them.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    My favourite way to cook eggs is to poach them.
    I'm with you on that one, can't beat a good poached egg.

I'm with you on that one, can't beat a good poached egg.
    Bit of sea salt and cracked black pepper

Mark Hughes and Osian Roberts have said Giggs should be next Welsh Manager but what do they know as professional managers compared to the experts on here, they didn't want Coleman because he was a Jack! Coleman said it must be a Welshman so our experts are going for Henri?

Mark Hughes and Osian Roberts have said Giggs should be next Welsh Manager but what do they know as professional managers compared to the experts on here, they didn't want Coleman because he was a Jack! Coleman said it must be a Welshman so our experts are going for Henri?
    I can't help thinking that appointing Giggs would be akin to the time Bobby Gould was announced as manager. Giggs would have been a very popular appointment, which would probably have been made years ago if he had wanted the job, and, the most important point, if he had not created the impression that he used to pick and choose his games when it came to playing for his country.

Maybe, Giggs' unavailability for friendly matches was down to Alex Ferguson, but my recollection is that Scottish, Northern Irish and Republic of Ireland players at Man United at that time tended to be available for more friendly internationals than Giggs did.

I was very surprised at the strength of feeling against Giggs when he came on against us in that game against Man United almost four years ago to the day - he was given a terrible time of it by the City fans and so I think it's fair to say that a section of the crowd at least at home Wales games would not be happy with him in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    #anyonebutgiggs
    or Pulis - this current crop of players are totally unsuited to the Pulis approach and he's never struck me as the kind of manager who'd be prepared to change to accommodate the squad he inherited.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    or Pulis - this current crop of players are totally unsuited to the Pulis approach and he's never struck me as the kind of manager who'd be prepared to change to accommodate the squad he inherited.
    Danny Gabbidon claims Pulis is the best man manager that he has worked with. He even says that it is strange because he was working with Pulis at a time when he was not playing for him very much.

I think it's his time. He know how to set-up a team, it could be argued he is the most successful Welsh manager plying his trade at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Danny Gabbidon claims Pulis is the best man manager that he has worked with. He even says that it is strange because he was working with Pulis at a time when he was not playing for him very much.

I think it's his time. He know how to set-up a team, it could be argued he is the most successful Welsh manager plying his trade at the moment.
    Best of the names banded around at the moment IMO.
    Would he swap the market he is in for the international scene though?
    Money won't be as good.
    How patriotic is he?

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post

He might a good man manager, but it's his rigid tactical approach that bothers me - given that Wales are quite a short side, I think we may have to get used to the idea of Bale being converted into a centre half if he took over.

Bookmarked.

I'd go as far to say that with Giggs at the helm we'll be lucky to finish third in the Euro qualifiers.

I was wrong about Coleman.

Hope I'm wrong this time too.

Did anyone listen to Jason Mohammad radio programme where he, Barry Horne,Robbie Savage and Earshaw all went for Giggs,all said Alex Ferguson had an agreement with Wales FA that he would release his star player for competitive games but not for Friendlies and all said Giggs was a proud Welshman.Terry Yorath the Welsh Manager at the time has also confirmed this,and I remember Giggs saying how he always looks out for his home club results and would love to play for or manage his home club at some time. I remember Tosh also saying this but City turned him down so he went to Swansea then Real Madrid twice and some City fans still said he wasn't good enough for us?

Did anyone listen to Jason Mohammad radio programme where he, Barry Horne,Robbie Savage and Earshaw all went for Giggs,all said Alex Ferguson had an agreement with Wales FA that he would release his star player for competitive games but not for Friendlies and all said Giggs was a proud Welshman.Terry Yorath the Welsh Manager at the time has also confirmed this,and I remember Giggs saying how he always looks out for his home club results and would love to play for or manage his home club at some time. I remember Tosh also saying this but City turned him down so he went to Swansea then Real Madrid twice and some City fans still said he wasn't good enough for us?
    If that’s true about Giggs agreeing to miss friendlies then it tells you everything about the man.

Did other Man Utd players of that era (Beckham for example) agree to the same? Of course they didn’t because unlike Giggs they classed it as an honour to play for your country.

If he was a proud Welshman he would insist on turning out for his country whenever possible - like Bale does.

Putting aside the issue of commitment, I think he’d be bloody useless anyway. It’s no secret that he’s been touting himself around for jobs for the past few years so ask yourself why not one club has been convinced to take a chance on him?

If give Giggs a go.

The fans think they know it all when they slag him off, there is always a bit more to it. Liked that post.

Giggs spat the dummy when not given the Man Yoo job.

There seem to be quite a few ex players who seem to believe they have a divine right to parachute into top jobs - the likes of Nigel Clough, Darren Ferguson are notable exceptions.

Whoever takes the Wales job it won't be for the money.

Giggs probably needs it more than Pulis. Pulis (despite recent history at WBA) has a strong reputation and will get another job in the bottom half of the Premier League if he holds out for one. Giggs has done next to nothing as a manager and is quoted as distancing himself from vacancies (for which I doubt he was ever considered) because he wants a club/team that 'matches his ambition'. If he waits much linger to take the plunge - or to get a serious job offer - he will stop being a credible candidate. That Vietnamese consultancy job won't help either.

I would prefer Lars Lagerback with Osian Roberts and the whole backroom team staying put.