Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
There is no argument that Giggs made the right decision for his career. There was more glory at Manchester United than Wales. He is a Manchester United legend.

However that came to the detriment of his Welsh career, you cannot expect then Welsh fans to hold him in high esteem for that.

Welsh fans will give a Hughes or a Speed a bit of time to gain experience because they have earnt that respect off the fans. Giggs has neither that respect or a track record.
I agree he will never had respect from Wales fans, he had a choice and he made it. I for one don't have an issue with it really. You make your money playing for your club, if he was to do the same at a lesser club and not turn up I'd have to question him the way others on here do..but he was winning trophy after trophy at the highest level. He chose that, Bale has chosen to turn out for Wales. I don't see bale having as long a career, but he will have a proud Wales career to talk about in years to come, and good for him. Each to their own.