+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Next Wales Manager

Re: Next Wales Manager

I'm surprised there aren't any Nevilles on the bookies list.

Gary would be interesting after the Valencia debacle. His halo has slipped and if he wants to get back into management he may need to try a different route to walking into a top club. He is still No. 1 when it comes to knowledgeable and articulate pundits.

Phil would be a disaster. He is one of the least impressive pundits on the circuit and also tainted by Valencia.

Tracey would be my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I'm surprised there aren't any Nevilles on the bookies list.

Gary would be interesting after the Valencia debacle. His halo has slipped and if he wants to get back into management he may need to try a different route to walking into a top club. He is still No. 1 when it comes to knowledgeable and articulate pundits.

Phil would be a disaster. He is one of the least impressive pundits on the circuit and also tainted by Valencia.

Tracey would be my choice.

Neville Neville would be mine, purely for the chants we could make up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Did anyone listen to Jason Mohammad radio programme where he, Barry Horne,Robbie Savage and Earshaw all went for Giggs,all said Alex Ferguson had an agreement with Wales FA that he would release his star player for competitive games but not for Friendlies and all said Giggs was a proud Welshman.Terry Yorath the Welsh Manager at the time has also confirmed this,and I remember Giggs saying how he always looks out for his home club results and would love to play for or manage his home club at some time. I remember Tosh also saying this but City turned him down so he went to Swansea then Real Madrid twice and some City fans still said he wasn't good enough for us?
    So Giggs is weak-willed? That is not an appealling attribute for a football manager!

Blue in the Face

Craig Bellamy admits to firm interest in vacant Wales job

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...cant-wales-job

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Craig Bellamy admits to firm interest in vacant Wales job

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...cant-wales-job
    I'd like to see him given a chance. There is plenty of time before we play any competetive fixtures, so maybe he could start off in a temporary role or something to see how well he does?

Working link: http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...cant-wales-job

"I'd always be interested in it, even now at this moment, of course I am. And looking further ahead I think I'd be interested in for the rest of my life. I'm passionately Welsh, it's the pinnacle for me, and I'd definitely be interested in that job."

Ideal moment for Bellamy players know him ,youngsters would rate him , loyally welsh, keep backroom staff to support . Sounds a lot brighter and passionate than Giggs.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Ideal moment for Bellamy players know him ,youngsters would rate him , loyally welsh, keep backroom staff to support . Sounds a lot brighter and passionate than Giggs.
    totally agree with you mate
    as you say , keep the backroom staff to work along side him
    you know he would demand a work ethic, like he has shown throughout his career
    and he would definitely have the respect of his peers and the players
    ideal candidate really,
    he seems to be the only person who has come out in the media and said he wants the job
    and hasn't sat on the fence
    that may of effected the betting

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...=craig-bellamy

Down to 8/1 now from 16/1

I was in favour of Pulis
    but after having a think about it, I don't think the players we have would suit the system Pulis likes to play.

if the choice was mine id hire Craig