Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
get some toilet paper and tie some around every rad inlet / outlet in the house - to check for leaks, some leaks the water will evaporate - so you will not see them. When the system is running how high does the pressure go ?

If it goes really high ie above 3bar then the expansion may have a problem, on some boilers you can just pump some air back in - but it depends on the boiler.

I would just get it serviced , they need servicing once every couple of years.

I have a number if you are Cardiff based, he's semi retired now - but very straight up with his advice.

PM me if you want it
Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
A new expansion vessel for your boiler will cost in the region of £100, plus cost of heating engineer/plumbers labour. If the flue on your boiler is vertical, it should only take an hr at the most to replace it. If the flue is horizontal and crosses over the expansion vessel then that will take longer, as the flue will have to be removed and replaced (and tested again)
You could pump up the pressure in the existing vessel with a bycycle pump to buy some time, but ultimately you will have to replace the vessel or the boiler if you choose to.
Beware if you try to get cover on a boiler that already has a problem like yours, as some companies will give you cover, fix existing problem but will want you tied into a long term contract.
Great. Thanks for the help. Think I will try get it fixed and squeeze a few more years out of it.