+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FT CARDIFF 2 - 0 BRENTFORD. Match thread

FT CARDIFF 2 - 0 BRENTFORD. Match thread

Football at CCS today

Joe Bennett is poised to make a timely return for Cardiff at home to Brentford.

Bennett has missed the last two Sky Bet Championship games with a calf injury but the full-back is expected to play, with Lee Peltier suspended. Striker Omar Bogle starts a three-game ban after being sent off at Bristol City before the international break.

Danny Ward should lead the attack, with Kenneth Zohore (ankle) still struggling, although midfielder Aron Gunnarsson is back in contention after a five-week absence.

C:WindowsTempphp781.tmp

Henrik Dalsgaard will be absent for Brentford. The defender has yet to fully recover from the heel injury which also saw him miss out on Denmark's World Cup play-off matches against the Republic of Ireland.

Full-back Rico Henry this week underwent surgery on the knee injury he suffered against Middlesbrough in September. Midfielder Lewis Macleod could make his long-awaited return to the squad after cruciate damage.

Opta stats

Cardiff have won five of their last seven home league matches against Brentford (D1 L1).

The Bees have kept one clean sheet in their 20 league trips to Cardiff, with Alf Jefferies in goal for their 0-0 draw in April 1950.

Neil Warnock is unbeaten in four home league matches against Brentford (W2 D2) since his Plymouth side lost 4-1 at Home Park in December 1996.

No Championship team has scored more second half goals than Brentford this season (17, level with Ipswich).

Danny Ward has had a hand in eight goals in eight league matches against Brentford (five goals, three assists).

The Bees are on the longest current unbeaten run in the Championship - nine games (W5 D4).

Match Officials

Referee: JAMES LININGTON
    Assistants: Geoffrey Russell and Darren Blunden
    Fourth Official: Brett Huxtable

Re: CARDIFF v BRENTFORD. Match thread

Quiet on here for a match day. Is it because of nerves? Must admit I am a bit nervous about today's game, especially with what looks like missing a few key players. Also thinking it is going to be a poor crowd, and if we don't get on top early the atmosphere will not be too good. Hope I am wrong.
    Spedger

Everyone watching Arsenal break Spurs hearts.

Feeney, Hoilett and Ward the front theee today. Tomlin and Paterson on bench.

Cardiff City: Etheridge, Manga, Bamba, Morrison, Bennett, Damour, Ralls, Bryson, Feeney, Hoilett, Ward.

Subs: Murphy, Connolly, Paterson, Gunnarsson, Tomlin, Pilkington, Gounongbe.

Dear me l, Manga full back, no MML and Zohore having operation. Wheels are coming off. Cakewalk for the Bees today I'm afraid.

Most of the bench should be starting.

We'll smash um.

Blooooobirds

Ffs feeney. Can't even get a game for Blackburn. Pilks surely better wideman

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Ffs feeney. Can't even get a game for Blackburn. Pilks surely better wideman
    Agreed. Can't for the life of me understand why we let noone and Kennedy go to bring in Feeney

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Most of the bench should be starting.
    Is start Paterson, gunnar probably gets 20 mins. Pilks baffles me as he could do the no10 role. Tomlin to come on second half. Maybe even Paterson..wonder if Warnock just didn't want to bench manga hence he starts at RB..

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    Agreed. Can't for the life of me understand why we let noone and Kennedy go to bring in Feeney
    Feeney does the step over, ala NML, but just doesn't have the gas to go past his opponent, he offers very little. Same with Bryson, he looks a limited player who runs around chasing the ball but offers little.
    I can see Warnock bringing on both Tomlin AND Gunnarsson late in the second half when we're chasing the game. It'll make a big improvement but will probably be too late - I hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    Money maybe?
    Perhaps Nooney was on an old lucrative contract, and maybe not considered to be good value?

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    Money maybe?
    Perhaps Nooney was on an old lucrative contract, and maybe not considered to be good value?
    I don't think there is any doubt that Noone was shipped out because of money. But Feeney is so limited I just dont understand why Pilks isn't starting ahead of him. Hope I am proven wrong today.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Feeney does the step over, ala NML, but just doesn't have the gas to go past his opponent, he offers very little. Same with Bryson, he looks a limited player who runs around chasing the ball but offers little.
    I can see Warnock bringing on both Tomlin AND Gunnarsson late in the second half when we're chasing the game. It'll make a big improvement but will probably be too late - I hope I'm wrong.
    When we're chasing the game.

Hiya mate..as you can see into the future, what's the scores half time in other games so I can get a quick bet on?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Is start Paterson, gunnar probably gets 20 mins. Pilks baffles me as he could do the no10 role. Tomlin to come on second half. Maybe even Paterson..wonder if Warnock just didn't want to bench manga hence he starts at RB..
    There's no way in this world that Manga could be seen as a better option than Paterson at RB. It's perplexing this one.
    I'm a bit disappointed that Bryson starts again, he plays with an inferiority complex I feel. I really hope Damour has a stormer of a game and we see Gunnarsson, Ralls and Damour in midfield start future games.

When we're chasing the game.

Hiya mate..as you can see into the future, what's the scores half time in other games so I can get a quick bet on?
    I'm not your mate.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I don't think there is any doubt that Noone was shipped out because of money. But Feeney is so limited I just dont understand why Pilks isn't starting ahead of him. Hope I am proven wrong today.
    It is a bit strange from NW, but I guess lets see,

Blue in the Face

Another game not on ifollow? Not anywhere as good a value as I thought when I signed up...

Ralls>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Another game not on ifollow? Not anywhere as good a value as I thought when I signed up...
    I AGREE

Quote Originally Posted by winners View Post
    I AGREE
    Sorry about the caps

I Follow is now working

Burnley 1 Jacks 0
    Jack Cork

Ward 2-0