+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swansea Supporters

Swansea Supporters

Not so long ago the Swans Supporters were making fun of Vincent Tan.One dressing up like him etc.taking the mike.
    I wonder how they feel now I know I would prefer Vincent Tan to the bunch in charge of them at the moment.What goes around comes around.

Re: Swansea Supporters

Quite.
    Vincent Tan has taken an approach that most clubs would desire as in leaving us to it.
    Made mistakes (big fecking ones) but made amends and left us to it.

It wasn’t just the jacks taking the piss, half the Football world was. The other half felt sorry for us. They were bad times to be a City fan. But I have little doubt that, if the roles were reversed, ie they were pretty much offered £100m+ or it’s curtains, then exactly the same scenario would have occurred down west.

As far as I’m concerned it’s history now, yesterday’s chip paper and all that bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    Not so long ago the Swans Supporters were making fun of Vincent Tan.One dressing up like him etc.taking the mike.
    I wonder how they feel now I know I would prefer Vincent Tan to the bunch in charge of them at the moment.What goes around comes around.
    https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba...-of-a-club/#23

It is so nice to see and they thought we were run by idiots

As a true football fan I really feel for them - we have been there - it is so disheartening going through what they are having to put up with at their club.

And then I remember it is the six-fingered, caravan dwelling spunk-stains from down West and I raise a little smile. That turns into a smirk, and then a full on belly laugh. Don't get me wrong, I hate Burnley but well done to them today.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    As a true football fan I really feel for them - we have been there - it is so disheartening going through what they are having to put up with at their club.

And then I remember it is the six-fingered, caravan dwelling spunk-stains from down West and I raise a little smile. That turns into a smirk, and then a full on belly laugh. Don't get me wrong, I hate Burnley but well done to them today.
    What are they actually going through that's worse than any other club?

I got the train home tonight so missed the radio wales phone in. I can only imagine what it must’ve been like

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    What are they actually going through that's worse than any other club?
    incest mate

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    incest mate
    That’s not just swansea either. Nowadays all schools give the kids time off for these incest days, which are no doubt an EU idea. I don’t join in with it myself like, we usually just take them to the cinema or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    That’s not just swansea either. Nowadays all schools give the kids time off for these incest days, which are no doubt an EU idea. I don’t join in with it myself like, we usually just take them to the cinema or whatever.
    Good to see you don't jump on the bandwagon Baz

I have zero sympathy for them.
    Tough shit x 10
    If they get relegated they’ve got tne parachute payments to look forward to.
    They’re not a club of massive stature so feeling aggrieved they’re in the relegation zone of the premier league is hilarious
    So feck them 😉😃😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Tough shit x 10
    They’re not a club of massive stature so feeling aggrieved they’re in the relegation zone of the premier league is hilarious
    So feck them ����������
    Pretty much how I feel.

Pity they've got parachute payments. Could see them replacing Wrexham in a few seasons otherwise.

If they win a couple of games the anti Jenkins stuff will disappear again just like it did last season.

They beat Bournemouth at home and we'll back to the 'Swansea Way' bullcrap. (Spending £17m on a bang average Hull City player and £11m on a spaniard they don't play after paying £15m last season for one they also didn't play)

They have more points at this stage of the season than they did last season however it does appear the whole pack of cards maybe starting to collapse.

Still a bit early to call though if Abraham is injured there are absolutely no goals in that team.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Tough shit x 10
    So feck them 😉😃😂😂😂
    If they go down forget the parachute pay, next stop league 1 I reckon. Stuff is going on there now they’ve not had to contend with before, the fans hate the owners, the trust in meltdown and at loggerheads with the white sox, no leaders in the pitch and £75 million wasted on rubbish in the pitch. Then you have coach clement.
    If Warnock can complete the dream with us swapping places I will promise never to moan about anything city do ever again......

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    If they win a couple of games the anti Jenkins stuff will disappear again just like it did last season.

They beat Bournemouth at home and we'll back to the 'Swansea Way' bullcrap. (Spending £17m on a bang average Hull City player and £11m on a spaniard they don't play after paying £15m last season for one they also didn't play)

They have more points at this stage of the season than they did last season however it does appear the whole pack of cards maybe starting to collapse.

Still a bit early to call though if Abraham is injured there are absolutely no goals in that team.
    Maybe, but a lot if thehome games they have lost we’re to the ones you would hope to win. Bournemouth playing well at mo. A lot of tough home games coming up fir them in new year. Usually, you would say they will fluke a few wins somehow but not with all the boardroom issues and king Jenkins hate now....lol

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Maybe, but a lot if thehome games they have lost we’re to the ones you would hope to win. Bournemouth playing well at mo. A lot of tough home games coming up fir them in new year. Usually, you would say they will fluke a few wins somehow but not with all the boardroom issues and king Jenkins hate now....lol
    Seeing the job that Clement (a good and well respected coach) is doing as a manager sort of highlights why Osian Roberts is better off where he is in the Wales set-up.

As for Swansea, I think they've had an easier run of games than last season and they will need a new manager and some cash in January to turn it around.

As for Tan being a great owner, another sub 20,000 crowd despite the club being 3rd, and despite there being no home games for nearly 3 weeks (previous low crowds have been attributed to too many games, and no 3pm Saturday kick off) is, in my opinion, largely down to his previous actions.

Ticket prices - spot on, very reasonable.
    Team performances - very good, exceeding expectations.
    No home game for 3 weeks
    Saturday 3pm

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Seeing the job that Clement (a good and well respected coach) is doing as a manager sort of highlights why Osian Roberts is better off where he is in the Wales set-up.

As for Swansea, I think they've had an easier run of games than last season and they will need a new manager and some cash in January to turn it around.

As for Tan being a great owner, another sub 20,000 crowd despite the club being 3rd, and despite there being no home games for nearly 3 weeks (previous low crowds have been attributed to too many games, and no 3pm Saturday kick off) is, in my opinion, largely down to his previous actions.

Ticket prices - spot on, very reasonable.
    Team performances - very good, exceeding expectations.
    No home game for 3 weeks
    Saturday 3pm
    Football supporters are transient,they come and they go,they always have they always will.
    A nice run in the premier league will see a lot of them back down the city saying they have been watching the city
    For 15,20 or 30 years conveniently forgetting they stayed at home for 4 or 5 years whilst they were protesting over some misplaced feeling of being wronged.
    I hope you stick by Merthyr a little longer than you stuck by Cardiff when the going got a little tough for you Mr Disloya?

The Swansea Cardiff derby is a great game with genuine hatred emitted, put me in mind of the Rangers Celtic games where you can almost taste the emotion. It is of course an emotion that is irrational ,why would you hate someone for supporting a different side to yourself ?
    I live down on the Gower these days ,travelling back and forward to Cardiff for work and my football. When I am out and about in Swansea I see the locals wearing their Swansea tops with pride ( maybe not quite as much pride these days) youngsters, teenagers ,grown men and old men alike. The fact is no matter how much you dislike them, they are following their local side.
    There is a ridiculous amount of Man U and Liverpool fans in South Wales, I prefer to see the footballing people supporting their local side . When Swansea drop out of the top league many of the local Swansea colours will be swapped for a more famous or whichever side is sitting top of the premier league , it happened in Cardiff when we dropped out of the premier league . Is that really good for Welsh football ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    The Swansea Cardiff derby is a great game with genuine hatred emitted, put me in mind of the Rangers Celtic games where you can almost taste the emotion. It is of course an emotion that is irrational ,why would you hate someone for supporting a different side to yourself ?
    I live down on the Gower these days ,travelling back and forward to Cardiff for work and my football. When I am out and about in Swansea I see the locals wearing their Swansea tops with pride ( maybe not quite as much pride these days) youngsters, teenagers ,grown men and old men alike. The fact is no matter how much you dislike them, they are following their local side.
    There is a ridiculous amount of Man U and Liverpool fans in South Wales, I prefer to see the footballing people supporting their local side . When Swansea drop out of the top league many of the local Swansea colours will be swapped for a more famous or whichever side is sitting top of the premier league , it happened in Cardiff when we dropped out of the premier league . Is that really good for Welsh football ?
    Going by your sentiments, shouldn’t you be supporting Swansea now? Lol!

7 seasons in the Premiership -that's not bad for a club with 20,000 gates - in fact it's unprecedented. I'm from an older generation that looks across the channel to Bristol City, whose fans have historically detested us - and the general Bristol population as a whole, though that attitude is slowly changing.

Swans and us rivalry ? most definitely yes, but Bristol City I genuinely dislike with gusto..

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    It wasn’t just the jacks taking the piss, half the Football world was. The other half felt sorry for us. They were bad times to be a City fan. But I have little doubt that, if the roles were reversed, ie they were pretty much offered £100m+ or it’s curtains, then exactly the same scenario would have occurred down west.

As far as I’m concerned it’s history now, yesterday’s chip paper and all that bollocks.
    The sad thing about modern football is we got next to no stick about our colour change at matches.

Including the Jacks. Virtually nothing for 2 seasons. Most of the period we were in red I was in the Family Stand.

A few sets of supporters had a small go at youve sold your history and that was about it.

The modern football world couldnt give a sh!t.

Anyway history now. The Jacks are fecked.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    7 seasons in the Premiership -that's not bad for a club with 20,000 gates - in fact it's unprecedented. I'm from an older generation that looks across the channel to Bristol City, whose fans have historically detested us - and the general Bristol population as a whole, though that attitude is slowly changing.

Swans and us rivalry ? most definitely yes, but Bristol City I genuinely dislike with gusto..
    Younger generation though its the Jacks. I wont forget those tw@ts wearing a orange away kit after we lost to Blackpool.

They have some pathetic supporters. Want everyone out just because they are in the bottom 3.

The fall is going to be spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post

I'm with you on this one.
    Swansea used to be an irrelevance.

As an aside, is there as much cross-channel hatred between the jacks and worzels?
    I know from experience in work that Bristol people in general, not football fans, hate the Welsh.

We all 'av 'em but the Swansea fans I know personally are really no different to the Cardiff fans I know. Or Blackpool, or Cheltenham, or Charlton, or Bristol City etc.