Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I think that's a great analogy about the action movie Tuerto. I don't wholly agree about the conclusion you draw about how sustainable "the Warnock Way" is. I'd say that it's limitations are found out in the Premier League, because you're right, for someone who has won as many promotions as he has done, there has been a complete lack of interest from "big" clubs in him (I know Chelsea came in for him once, but they were nowhere near the power they are now at that time).

It's been mentioned on here a few times that if Warnock were to get us promoted, he may decide to quit at the top so to speak because he often talks about his dislike of some of the elements of player behaviour in the Premier League - he comes across as a fan of the Championship, but not of the Premier League and maybe that could be down to an understanding on his part that his methods are not best suited to the top flight?

I know what you mean about Bryson. I thought he did some effective defensive work at times yesterday, but I was surprised when we signed him and Warnock talked him up so much because he has never particularly struck me as a Warnock type player - I was surprised that Gunnarsson played in front of Bryson when he came on yesterday, maybe it was down to a desire not to get Gunnar involved in the tackling side of the game for fear of aggravating his injury?
Thanks Bob, By Sustainable, I meant in a progressive way-going up to the premier league and adapting, although, i'm not sure that really appeals to my footballing senses anymore! you're probably right about Gunnarsson, Warnock probably had the game down as won, and had one eye on the Barnsley game. I kept an eye on Bryson yesterday, and made comparisons with Damour, who didn't start the game too well, but slowly grew into the style, pace and tactics in a way that Bryson couldn't, and you could see the frustration in Bryson, Damour seems much more apt at adapting his game and dealing with what is happening, Bryson seems to get a bit lost and frustrated, that may be down to Bryson playing a certain role for Derby over the years, and Damour's exuberance towards his new challenge and surroundings, a bit like starting a new job and not complaining that you seem to have been handed the shit end of the stick. Another problem for Bryson can be Bamba's over enthusiastic distribution at times, he really does know how to play a googly into Bryson, and as evident, both men have had words out on the pitch. Sounds like i'm moaning, although i'm really enjoying it this season, Warnock was the perfect antidote after Slade and Trollope.