+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Driverless Cars....Why!!!

Re: Driverless Cars....Why!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Why?
    Because, in the future you will not be allowed to own a car as an individual, cars will be owned by apple, google, etc. etc. and when you want to use a car, you will call one via an app on your phone, the state will know everything about your movements and their corporate partners will be trousering the dough for your privilege and of course, it's all tied in to the fake climate change doctrine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Because, in the future you will not be allowed to own a car as an individual, cars will be owned by apple, google, etc. etc. and when you want to use a car, you will call one via an app on your phone, the state will know everything about your movements and their corporate partners will be trousering the dough for your privilege and of course, it's all tied in to the fake climate change doctrine.
    You don't own one now. You're just the Registered Keeper.

The motionless tug

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    So... who exactly is stopping you driving?

EDIT: As for who benefits, well you don't get deliveries held up as driverless car decided to stop for a fag, a swift half pint oh and a Big Mac due to feeling a bit peckish along with stopping in at Argos for that thing their partner wanted them to get.
    No one is stopping me for now.........

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    You don't own one now. You're just the Registered Keeper.
    I've done my bit for the environment yenno, the dirty diesel has gone, didn't go the whole hogg however to battery, a registered petrol head now

Driveless cars benefits :
    Static speeds.
    Smaller cars
    Death of Chelsea tractors
    Disable and blind people freedoms.
    Less use of traditional fuels and association to the Middle East .

Non Benefits.
    Job loss

I bought a diesel because at the time we were told it was best for the environment.

When I win the lottery, buying a fully blinged up Tesla.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I've done my bit for the environment yenno, the dirty diesel has gone, didn't go the whole hogg however to battery, a registered petrol head now
    Shoudn't have gotten rid of the Focus (imo)

presumably you won`t be relying on a dirty diesel to get your petrol to the garage then.

Are we heading to a society that does not own cars, think of Uber but without the driver

i dont buy into the same theory as Nelsonca61, but he is on the right track imho,

Johnny cab anyone ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    So... who exactly is stopping you driving?

EDIT: As for who benefits, well you don't get deliveries held up as driverless car decided to stop for a fag, a swift half pint oh and a Big Mac due to feeling a bit peckish along with stopping in at Argos for that thing their partner wanted them to get.
    The trackers stop the Maccy d run. Cans n vaping solves the second part. As far as the missus goes well simply order it online same day delivery and drop it back to her in person. I avent got any emojis ere to put a smile on.

Not to make it political but why arent the companies who make them sinking all the money in. Why are the government spending any money on this. Just saying move the thread if u want.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    You will still be drunk in charge of a vehicle if it crashes and you are over the limit.

A complete and utter waste of time , ditto electric cars until they have the range
    to take me to Cardiff and back (150 miles).
    Completely not a waste of time. Roads will be safer, there will be no need for everyone to own a car, and mass transit will become the norm as work moves to the cities. However, this will not become the norm for another 30 years or more in my opinion.

Electric cars will improve on ranges. The new Tesla has a 200kw battery that has a range of 650 miles. At 12p a kwh, that will cost about £24 to charge (650 miles for £24? My weekly commute would be about £11 a week instead of the current £30).

I think my current car has a good 5-6 years left in it, at that point I am fully expecting buying an electric car (the biggest issue for me at the moment is price rather than range).

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    This one can do 621 miles and 0-60 in 1.9 seconds.

Nice one - that's the one I was on about.

Who the ferk are Tesla ?

Who would spend shed loads of money on new untested technology ?

Untested in the real world I mean not on closed roads and labs.

I won't be buying one in the remnants of my lifetime that's for sure.
    If you don't know who Tesla are, then I am completely unsurprised that your view on electric cars is so blinkered.

The technology has been tested - earlier you were on about the range, and this is being addressed. How old are you, by the way? If you are older than 55, then I think it is possible that you will go through life without owning an electric car. If you are younger, then I think you will have little choice in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    They are reporting 350 miles on full charge in "ideal driving" conditions.

That means driving very slowly without harsh acceleration or braking.
    No it doesn't mean that at all. Range will be affected by night time driving, driving in the cold or heat and things like that. In the same way, a diesel or petrol engine becomes less efficient as we turn on the lights in the night, or drive in the cold or heat. The effects may be greater for an electric car, granted, but it's less of a concern if the range is above 250 miles. Especially when you consider that an average car journey in the UK is about 7 miles.

Not to make it political but why arent the companies who make them sinking all the money in. Why are the government spending any money on this. Just saying move the thread if u want.

Tax intake worries , I as you woulc need to fund development and purchase of these cars ,compensation to remove old vehicles from the road.

As some have pointed out it wasn't long ago when diesel was seen as the future and was made tax efficient to promote purchasing these vehicles .

Politics and decisions ain't easy , and its easy for us to be clever after the fact .

And to think, we all laughed at sir clive

for any of the younger readers

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    And to think, we all laughed at sir clive

for any of the younger readers

To be fair his thrust was spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    presumably you won`t be relying on a dirty diesel to get your petrol to the garage then.
    Is this the, it's 2017, I'm offended post

thinking about stretching it to 2018 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Shoudn't have gotten rid of the Focus (imo)
    I got the Fiesta after the focus, all the gizmos titanium X, only had it 10 months just couldn't connect with it, I very nearly bought a new Focus the other week whilst taking the fiesta in for a service, was ready to sign but pulled out with the pen in my hand, on the way to work the very next day stopped off at a garage and bought another car without even test driving it, although I have driven the same type of car previously.

International

I suppose it will happen. Used to be a guy with a red flag walking in front of a motor. Tessla new truck can do 5000 miles but the battery pack costs more than 5 diesel trucks don't it? Riderless bikes will be next.
    I've got a riderless bike.

Who the ferk are Tesla ?

Who would spend shed loads of money on new untested technology ?

Untested in the real world I mean not on closed roads and labs.

I won't be buying one in the remnants of my lifetime that's for sure.
    I think you may be surprised

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    If you don't know who Tesla are, then I am completely unsurprised that your view on electric cars is so blinkered.

The technology has been tested - earlier you were on about the range, and this is being addressed. How old are you, by the way? If you are older than 55, then I think it is possible that you will go through life without owning an electric car. If you are younger, then I think you will have little choice in the matter.
    Owning might not be the model of the future, pay per journey is more likely