Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
It wasn't a fantastic goal, but it was a good one scored by a player who is closing in on 200 Championship appearances at the age of twenty four (how many other midfielders are there of his age who have played as many games at this level as that?). It was a goal that wasn't eye catching, yet was dispatched clinically with a sound technique - in fact it was a goal that epitomised the type of player the scorer is.

Ralls isn't as good from set pieces or from long range as Whitts was, he isn't as dynamic as Gunnarsson can be, he isn't as good at driving at opposing players like Jordon Mutch used to, he doesn't hit as many defence splitting passes as Steve McPhail did, he's not the leader that Kav was and he probably doesn't cover the amount of ground that the young Joe Ledley did. However, I'd say that he is above average in all of those facets of the game when you compare him with what is the norm for a central midfielder in the Championship - I've never got why some of our fans are so sniffy about him, he's one of our best and most consistent players and, judging by his appearance record since he took over, one of the first names on Neil Warnock's team sheet.
I have been impressed with him this season Paul. He has really matured into the role and works hard. Under Slade he used to frustrate me like hell: dithering on the ball too much, often making poor passes and not good under pressure. Fortunately not anymore, he has improved in all them areas. Positional play is also notable this season. Log may it continue.
Spedger