We seem to be forgetting that Joe ralls strike

In all the fuss yesterday , he hit that as sweet as a peach yesterday

Re: We seem to be forgetting that Joe ralls strike

Yes he took it well

Yep, hell of strike. Well done Joe.

Was that towards the Ninian?

I forgot my gogs yesterday and I couldn't see f'all in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post

Right in front of the kids in the family stand

Towards the Ninian? That would have gone for a throw in!

BTW, yes Joe struck it well but really a pretty routine strike and didn't really have time to think about it.... laces through and over the ball.

at least you didnt forget em while typing an essay... now i know why my grammar is shit

Cracking shot and performance in shitty conditions .
    Its not easy judging
    the strike of a ball that clean and keeping your balance , with swirling rain about , I used to relish playing in those conditions , but I was a under skilled lumpy defender lol.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Cracking shot and performance in shitty conditions .
    Its not easy judging
    the strike of a ball that clean and keeping your balance , with swirling rain about , I used to relish playing in those conditions , but I was a under skilled lumpy defender lol.
    I thought he had a great game

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    In all the fuss yesterday , he hit that as sweet as a peach yesterday
    indeed he did very well to even hit it on target never mind score socre a beaut sludge
    body shape technique

Nice to see someone having the confidence to shoot, rather than trying to piss about with it or try and walk it in as we seemed to be doing last season

It wasn't a fantastic goal, but it was a good one scored by a player who is closing in on 200 Championship appearances at the age of twenty four (how many other midfielders are there of his age who have played as many games at this level as that?). It was a goal that wasn't eye catching, yet was dispatched clinically with a sound technique - in fact it was a goal that epitomised the type of player the scorer is.

Ralls isn't as good from set pieces or from long range as Whitts was, he isn't as dynamic as Gunnarsson can be, he isn't as good at driving at opposing players like Jordon Mutch used to, he doesn't hit as many defence splitting passes as Steve McPhail did, he's not the leader that Kav was and he probably doesn't cover the amount of ground that the young Joe Ledley did. However, I'd say that he is above average in all of those facets of the game when you compare him with what is the norm for a central midfielder in the Championship - I've never got why some of our fans are so sniffy about him, he's one of our best and most consistent players and, judging by his appearance record since he took over, one of the first names on Neil Warnock's team sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It wasn't a fantastic goal, but it was a good one scored by a player who is closing in on 200 Championship appearances at the age of twenty four (how many other midfielders are there of his age who have played as many games at this level as that?). It was a goal that wasn't eye catching, yet was dispatched clinically with a sound technique - in fact it was a goal that epitomised the type of player the scorer is.

Ralls isn't as good from set pieces or from long range as Whitts was, he isn't as dynamic as Gunnarsson can be, he isn't as good at driving at opposing players like Jordon Mutch used to, he doesn't hit as many defence splitting passes as Steve McPhail did, he's not the leader that Kav was and he probably doesn't cover the amount of ground that the young Joe Ledley did. However, I'd say that he is above average in all of those facets of the game when you compare him with what is the norm for a central midfielder in the Championship - I've never got why some of our fans are so sniffy about him, he's one of our best and most consistent players and, judging by his appearance record since he took over, one of the first names on Neil Warnock's team sheet.
    I have been impressed with him this season Paul. He has really matured into the role and works hard. Under Slade he used to frustrate me like hell: dithering on the ball too much, often making poor passes and not good under pressure. Fortunately not anymore, he has improved in all them areas. Positional play is also notable this season. Log may it continue.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Towards the Ninian? That would have gone for a throw in!

BTW, yes Joe struck it well but really a pretty routine strike and didn't really have time to think about it.... laces through and over the ball.
    Routine? Thought there was a bit more to it than a simple strike myself.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Brilliantly put 👍

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Routine? Thought there was a bit more to it than a simple strike myself.
    Yes, in my opinion.
    He kicks balls for a living

It was crap defending from a speculative throw in and Joe suddenly found himself some space with the ball at his feet.
    Credit to him, he didn't panic and got his technique spot on, wrapped his foot on top of the ball and put his foot through it in the direction he meant to hit it.

It was hardly goal of the season.

Yes, in my opinion.
    He kicks balls for a living

It was crap defending from a speculative throw in and Joe suddenly found himself some space with the ball at his feet.
    Credit to him, he didn't panic and got his technique spot on, wrapped his foot on top of the ball and put his foot through it in the direction he meant to hit it.

It was hardly goal of the season.
    Reminds me why I don't usually bother with these boards.

Seen many similar efforts fly over, wasn't goal of the season nobody said it was, but it wasn't a simple tap in even if he does "kick a ball for a living insert mocking smiley"

Their striker had 90 percent of the net to hit and put it wide...even though he kicks balls for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Reminds me why I don't usually bother with these boards.

Seen many similar efforts fly over, wasn't goal of the season nobody said it was, but it wasn't a simple tap in even if he does "kick a ball for a living insert mocking smiley"

Their striker had 90 percent of the net to hit and put it wide...even though he kicks balls for a living.
    I see in your reply you've conveniently ignored my middle paragraph in particular the word 'credit'.

I'm sure if you asked JR himself, he'd call it routine in a kind of "all in a day's work for bicycle repair man" type way.

"Reminds me why I don't usually bother with these boards"

I see in your reply you've conveniently ignored my middle paragraph in particular the word 'credit'.

I'm sure if you asked JR himself, he'd call it routine in a kind of "all in a day's work for bicycle repair man" type way.

"Reminds me why I don't usually bother with these boards"
    Conveniently forgotten or just didn't bother reading...ill let you guess.