+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: These star sex scandals - Morrissey on the fence as usual

These star sex scandals - Morrissey on the fence as usual

Re: These star sex scandals - Morrissey on the fence as usual

If you could ask old Mozza a question what would it be? I would ask him if he saw Rambo: First blood last night on ITV. A great film that. Couldn't sit on the fence with that question I reckon.

Yes intresting almost liberal reply considering his more vocal replies to other issues , I quote

"""In the past, the lead singer of The Smiths has provided some controversial statements - he once referred to the people of China as "a sub-species", and called Madonna "organised prostitution ""

Never liked the chap.

Careful he will write a song about you. Not the music though. I like him as it goes.There is room in the world for Moz.

He already said "Throughout the history of music and rock ‘n’ roll there have been musicians who have slept with their groupies. If you go through history, almost everyone is guilty of sleeping with minors."

If what he says is true, hypothetically he'd look a right hypocrit if somebody outed him after he displayed outrage towards Spacey and Weinstein.

I'm not saying anybody did anything, just reading through his quotes.

John Peel was someone who may have attracted attention if he were still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    John Peel was someone who may have attracted attention if he were still alive.
    In another current thread you said exactly this: "It's amazing how people can make judgements about others without knowing all the facts and minutiae".

As far as I can remember - before he died - Peel himself voluntarily offered the opinion that the 70's were a crazy time for DJ's and although he didn't know for sure there may have been an occasion where age verification might have been a better idea.

While I could never defend the notion of 'under-age' sex, and certainly never will, from what I have read I don't believe that Peel was a predator as such? Perhaps you know a bit more about it though.
    Judging by your insinuation , you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    In another current thread you said that "It's amazing how people can make judgements about others without knowing all the facts and minutiae".

As far as I can remember - before he died - Peel himself voluntarily offered the opinion that the 70's were a crazy time for DJ's and although he didn't know there may have been an occasion where age verification might have been a better idea.
    While I could never defend the notion of 'under-age' sex, and certainly never will, from what I have read I don't believe that Peel was a predator as such? Perhaps you know a bit more about it though.
    Judging by your insinuation , you do.
    He married someone who was 15 years of age is your starter for 10 - and he also said, according to the Daily Mail:
    "...that girls, some as young as 13, used to queue up outside his radio station.
    'All they wanted me to do was to abuse them sexually which, of course, I was only too happy to do.'
    John Peel on his female teenage fans
    ‘Well, of course I didn’t ask for ID,’ he said. ‘All they wanted me to do was to abuse them sexually which, of course, I was only too happy to do.’ He complained that American girls had ‘this strange notion of virginity as a tangible thing which you surrendered to your husband on your wedding night. So they would do anything but s*** you’."

He married someone who was 15 years of age.
    Yes, in the 60's he married a girl who (he claims) lied about here age.
    He married her when she got pregnant.
    Its not great, but clearly he was not hiding it, he was not prosecuted.
    Marriage is not the usual outcome of predatory behaviour.

The woman, now in her 50's said recently: "I loved the status of knocking around with him. He would invite me to gigs and I would follow him around like a lapdog. I don’t know if sex was expected but I went along with it willingly. Looking back, it was terribly wrong and I was perhaps manipulated. But it was a different era,"

Hard to know what to think TBH, but he was not prosecuted for what you refer to and I'll bet that there are/were way worse than him out there.

Yes, in the 60's he married a girl who (he claims) lied about here age.
    He married her when she got pregnant.
    Its not great, but clearly he was not hiding it, he was not prosecuted.
    Marriage is not the usual outcome of predatory behaviour.

The woman, now in her 50's said recently: "I loved the status of knocking around with him. He would invite me to gigs and I would follow him around like a lapdog. I don’t know if sex was expected but I went along with it willingly. Looking back, it was terribly wrong and I was perhaps manipulated. But it was a different era,"

Hard to know what to think TBH, but he was not prosecuted for what you refer to and I'll bet that there are/were way worse than him out there.
    That's OK then.

By the way, your quote was from someone called Jane Nevin who was 15 when he got her pregnant and not the 15 year old teenager he married, Shirley Milburn (who committed suicide later in her life).

That's OK then.
    I didn't say it was "OK", and besides I have now seen what you have (just now) posted in your wholly edited summary.
    If those are his words then I am saddened.

By the way, do you usually wait for someone to quote you before going back to edit what you had written?

Amazing news .. members of Congress and their staffs accused of sexual harassment allowed to hush up and pay off their accusers from a secret $15.2 million “shush” fund full of taxpayer dollars!

Here is the next scandal when these interns and new hires start speaking out.

http://thehill.com/opinion/finance/3...ret-shush-fund

I didn't say it was "OK", and besides I have now seen what you have (just now) posted in your wholly edited summary.
    If those are his words then I am saddened.

By the way, do you usually wait for someone to quote you before going back to edit what you had written?
    No, apologies if that threw you. I only edited in order to better convey the information available. I don't see this as a contest in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes intresting almost liberal reply considering his more vocal replies to other issues , I quote

"""In the past, the lead singer of The Smiths has provided some controversial statements - he once referred to the people of China as "a sub-species", and called Madonna "organised prostitution ""

Never liked the chap.

in fairness the smiths were only a good band because of jonny mars sound

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    It was 50:50, Morrissey was a poet. His lyrics were immense.

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    I thought they used a roland jupiter?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I thought they used a roland jupiter?
    tools of their trade Bales much like a chippy uses a hammer and saw mate

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    It was 50:50, Morrissey was a poet. His lyrics were immense.
    i agree his song writing is right up there mate
    one of a kind in that department, there are not many better that's for sure
    the queen is dead is an example a classic
    but without marrs haunting and unique sound i don`t think it works
    i mean the first thing that draws you in is the sound
    or I'm being bias , cos i think the guy is a twaat