+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Why would anyone not have some savings invested in Bitcoin.

Why would anyone not have some savings invested in Bitcoin.

It’s a no brainier.
    I just can’t believe ALL my friends won’t get some.
    If you only ha e £500 get a piece of the action.
    Now.

This is my honest belief that it is still a great investment. Not financial advice.

Only invest what you can afford to lose.

Re: Why would anyone not have some savings invested in Bitcoin.

How convincing

Too risky for me old fruit.

Because most amateur investors buy at the top of the market and are the idiots who end up losing most especially with volatile investments such as Bitcoin. I have been burned on tech shares during the tech boom in the past, holding out of greed and then losing money eventually. Remember you don't make a penny until you sell at a profit. Paper profits are meaningless.

I wouldn't touch Bitcoin with a barge pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Because most amateur investors buy at the top of the market and are the idiots who end up losing most especially with volatile investments such as Bitcoin. I have been burned on tech shares during the tech boom in the past, holding out of greed and then losing money eventually. Remember you don't make a penny until you sell at a profit. Paper profits are meaningless.

I wouldn't touch Bitcoin with a barge pole.
    Bitcoin are not shares. Nothing like.
    It is a distributed trust system with no one in charge. The key in. Layman’s terms is that nononw can feck it up. It can be attacked but the cryptography is secure.

The value of Bitcoin, as with currencies, precious metals, etc, is determined by people's faith in it. I haven't any, nor will I get any or other crypto. I'm sticking with gold.

I think that I may be typical of many people on here in that I just don't understand what Bitcoin is about. I have read a few threads on here but they lose me quite quickly die to my poor knowledge of the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Bitcoin are not shares. Nothing like.
    It is a distributed trust system with no one in charge. The key in. Layman’s terms is that nononw can feck it up. It can be attacked but the cryptography is secure.
    Yes but you trade in Bitcoin and the more there are buyers the higher the price just like shares. I used tech shares as an example of how hype can influence price. Tech shares were over hyped to the point volatility was unpredictable with valuations based on nothing but hot air. As a generality the same could be said of Bitcoin.