+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merthyr Town-Crowd Funding

Merthyr Town-Crowd Funding

Almost 8 grand raised on their crowd funding page in just over 24 hours-good work!

Re: Merthyr Town-Crowd Funding

That 13-1 defeat probably helped them in terms of fund raising

A mate mentioned tbis yesterday. Is it the same guy who backs the rugby? What's gone on there?

how much would it cost to buy merthyr these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    You see all these rich folks buying Man U, or Man City. Adventurous ones may buy Everton.

If I were a billionaire, I'd prefer the challenge of buying a club low down in the pyramid and then trying to get them up the leagues. The club would have to have a long history (i.e. not a Rushden and Diamonds type thing), and I'd make sure there were fans on the board.

Imagine taking a club like Torquay United, Barrow or Kidderminster and getting them to the PL. I'd imagine that would be much more fun than yet another title for Man City.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    You see all these rich folks buying Man U, or Man City. Adventurous ones may buy Everton.

If I were a billionaire, I'd prefer the challenge of buying a club low down in the pyramid and then trying to get them up the leagues. The club would have to have a long history (i.e. not a Rushden and Diamonds type thing), and I'd make sure there were fans on the board.

Imagine taking a club like Torquay United, Barrow or Kidderminster and getting them to the PL. I'd imagine that would be much more fun than yet another title for Man City.
    Now that would be a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    It’s not for sale

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    A mate mentioned tbis yesterday. Is it the same guy who backs the rugby? What's gone on there?
    Owned by the fans mate

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Owned by the fans mate
    I didn't realise that. Boys I used to work with go regular.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Let’s hope they nominate some more business savvy fans to the board this time and not the freeloaders who git them in the current mess.

The FAW secretary Mark Evans resigned from the Merthyr board last season in protest at the way things were getting run. I hope he has a change of heart.

Yesterday their target was £7,500 with mention of a tax bill to be paid. With that figure having been achieved they have raised the target to £12,500.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post

Just buy Football Manager instead

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Let’s hope they nominate some more business savvy fans to the board this time and not the freeloaders who git them in the current mess.

The FAW secretary Mark Evans resigned from the Merthyr board last season in protest at the way things were getting run. I hope he has a change of heart.
    Who own them currently?

Maybe I'm missing something but if you're not a Merthyr fan I don't know why you'd donate to this. They've had a fresh start yet ****ed up again as a fan run club? The details seem quite sketchy at the moment so perhaps I've missed something. Think there's about 100 charities I'd rather give money to

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Who own them currently?
    The fans

A Hereford fan donated £1000!

Bit of a cheek, isn't it? They stretch an arm out with a begging bowl asking for £7.5k which gets filled, then stretch the other out for another £5k.

Bit of a cheek, isn't it? They stretch an arm out with a begging bowl asking for £7.5k which gets filled, then stretch the other out for another £5k.
    It's all a bit strange with a massive lack of details being announced.

Also the manager said some of the first teamers offered to play on Saturday but he didn't think it was fair to ask them to do that. But it was ok to play a load of under 16s and let them get absolutely hammered? (Fortunately they received praise from opposition fans and players).

Makes you feel glad that Vinnie came along and saved us

Kinell, the grasping b'stards have now doubled what they want to £25k!

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/mtfc-2017appeal

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something but if you're not a Merthyr fan I don't know why you'd donate to this. They've had a fresh start yet ****ed up again as a fan run club? The details seem quite sketchy at the moment so perhaps I've missed something. Think there's about 100 charities I'd rather give money to
    How much of the money that you Gove to charity makes it to the cause?

I won't give to Merthyr as it isn't my local team, but if there was a fan owned club in my area then personally I'd give in the same situation. 100 percent of that money is going to a club in the community...a large percent of money that goes to charity goes to people they pay to get donations in (there can probably be a case made that they help bring in more money but I habe absolutely no figures either way)

Kinell, the grasping b'stards have now doubled what they want to £25k!

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/mtfc-2017appeal
    There was a meeting last night where the true extent of the problems come to light. They actually owe the tax man 25k.

If you bothered to read the crowd funding page instead of looking to make out it’s a scam then this has been updated to say why it’s increased to 25k

Thankfully the old incapable fools they had running the show resigned from the board yesterday. The treasurer admitted he was aware of the problem 5-6 weeks ago and had just buried his head in the sand!!!

A new board will be re-elected and in the meantime they’ve got an interim board of (hopefully!) more capable individuals, one of them Mark Evans FAW secretary, trying to get a grip on the situation.

I did read it. In a 24 hour span the target changed three times. Your post contains more info than whomever's updating that page can manage.

Nearly £700 raised in their supporters meeting last night. Bumper crowd expected Saturday.

#packthepark