+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Clubs Looking At Top 6 Potential Slots

Clubs Looking At Top 6 Potential Slots

It strikes me some bigger clubs outside of the 6 must be considering who of the 6 they could replace.

Taking the emotion out of this thought I would suggest Wolves , Villa and Boro should consider a deserved status based on talent and value of squad.

The other 3, Blades,Brizzie and us , lower valued squads who did not think they would be there at this stage if the season.

Underneath the 6 there are teams of higher value and potential talent than us and the other two , in Derby, Fulham,Wednesday, Hull ,Leeds ,Norwich , Reading and even Sunderland whose team has talent and value, it's just they are a shambles .

International

Re: Clubs Looking At Top 6 Potential Slots

And you didn't even mention Aston vile!

International

Doh!! Just read that again. I'll get my coat.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It strikes me some bigger clubs outside of the 6 must be considering who of the 6 they could replace.

Taking the emotion out of this thought I would suggest Wolves , Villa and Boro should consider a deserved status based on talent and value of squad.

The other 3, Blades,Brizzie and us , lower valued squads who did not think they would be there at this stage if the season.

Underneath the 6 there are teams of higher value and potential talent than us and the other two , in Derby, Fulham,Wednesday, Hull ,Leeds ,Norwich , Reading and even Sunderland whose team has talent and value, it's just they are a shambles .
    I think it's an easy mistake to assume that teams with potentially a higher value should be more likely to finish higher than teams of potentially less value.

If Leicester city can win the premier league , Cardiff city can get promoted

It's all about team ethic and we have that in spades

A couple of additions in the new year and we are going to continue to upset the big boys

Villa are looking dangerous now and Boro and Derby have also climbed into it.

Big blow for Boro today who didn't look convincing at all at an out of form Leeds.

Derby were 2nd best against a struggling Fulham.

Great league the Championship and still wide open.

Having 34 points from 17 games certainly gives us a fighting chance.

Next 6

Barnsley A
    Forest A
    Norwich H
    Reading A
    Hull H
    Bolton A

See where we are after that lot.

Id say the league is starting to take shape now - can see the current top six or seven being up there until the end, there are a few others who have the potential to join that group but haven't been consistent enough so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Villa are looking dangerous now and Boro and Derby have also climbed into it.

Big blow for Boro today who didn't look convincing at all at an out of form Leeds.

Derby were 2nd best against a struggling Fulham.

Great league the Championship and still wide open.

Having 34 points from 17 games certainly gives us a fighting chance.

Next 6

Barnsley A
    Forest A
    Norwich H
    Reading A
    Hull H
    Bolton A

See where we are after that lot.
    Things are looking positive at the moment despite us missing 4 really influential 1st team players at the moment (NM-L, Zohore, Gunnars and Peltier). However, I don't look at any game in the league as a gimme (Millwall and Brum are perfect examples of games we'd hope to get full points from and didn't) and would be really happy with 12 points from those 6 matches, particularly with 4 Away games.

I'd hope that when we get Zohore and NM-L back fully fit then we can start playing further up the pitch again. We probably need 46 more points to guarantee Play-Offs so still need to keep our foot on the accelerator.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think it's an easy mistake to assume that teams with potentially a higher value should be more likely to finish higher than teams of potentially less value.