+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: HELTER SKELTER

HELTER SKELTER

Ol' Charlie boy has finally snuffed it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42016704

Charles Manson and his 'Family', the dark side of the American counter culture 60s revolution. The Tate and LaBianca murders along with Altamont the bad trip of it all

Re: HELTER SKELTER

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post

Charles Manson and his 'Family', the dark side of the American counter culture 60s revolution. The Tate and LaBianca murders along with Altamont the bad trip of it all
    What a stunning woman Sharon Tate was

The family who carried out the murders were every bit as psychopathic as old Charlie himself

Taking too much acid doesn't turn you into a murderer

A horrible story all round

That crappy swastika. I suppose he wore it in the Indian sense given the time. Don't really know that much about him except to say he was a wrong un who wanted to be famous.

Well known and one of the most infamous of criminals when I were a lad.

The sad thing is that the Manson story and the 'family' would be viewed by today's youngsters as run of the mill, even tame in comparison with the atrocities we seem to be hearing about these days on a regular basis.

I remember it vaguely. Didn take much notice. I used to think he was in a band. like you say the world has sped up since.

They cut the baby out of pregnant Sharon Tate.

Well that's as grim as anything that happens today.

Turns out that swastika started life as an F which he carved into himself presumably for family. His followers did the same during his trial. Good riddance to the scruffy little sod.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Wasn't trying to downgrade their actions merely drawing a comparison between eras.
    Helter Skelter when published was one of those unique must read books though I only became aware of it in the early 80's from memory.
    People in the modern era are not just reading about this type of crime with words painting the picture, they are subjected to it seemingly 24/7 either through the news or some documentary or other.

Over the years he seemed to have grown into some kind of cult figure too, a bit like the Krays kind of glamoirized!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

The sad thing is that the Manson story and the 'family' would be viewed by today's youngsters as run of the mill, even tame in comparison with the atrocities we seem to be hearing about these days on a regular basis.
    That's more to do with 24 news than anything else, now is statistically the safest time to ever be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Got to say Mac that I thought what Manson and his fanatics did was particularly gruesome and chilling even by today’s standards They really put their victims through it. Pure evil. Like I you I grew up with this case and found it pretty scary. Glad he’s dead

Blue in the Face

Extensive podcast on the mainstream version of the Manson story. Very informative, but carries a warning regarding the content - the speakers voice are, like, towdally Californian ok.

http://www.youmustrememberthispodcas...manson-murders

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post

being a pacifist and not a hardliner my take on him is this
    he got of lightly, he should of been taken out very painfully and very slowly a long time ago
    and to think that piece of Shiite has fans and followers mate

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Which is why I could never understand him becoming a cult icon to anybody at all. Which unfortunately he did.

His 'Family' were a nothing but a bunch of sick weirdos, with Manson pulling the strings

What on earth was going on in the minds of those women who carried out those acts ?

Manson was clearly a psychopath but those women ?...........the only conclusion is they were psychopaths too

If someone told me to carry out a murder I would run a mile and phone the police

A horrifying story

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Wasn't there a film of the same title ?

I can't imagine me watching that if it's as graphic as the book is supposed to be

American psycho was bad enough and that was fiction

Allegedly Bruce Lee was invited to the party the night Sharon Tate was murdered. if he had still been there it could have had a somewhat different outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    What on earth was going on in the minds of those women who carried out those acts ?

Manson was clearly a psychopath but those women ?...........the only conclusion is they were psychopaths too

If someone told me to carry out a murder I would run a mile and phone the police

A horrifying story
    I've read several books on Manson over the years. He prayed on vulnerable females, those from broken homes, those who were homeless, those that had come to California to seek the good times, those that were for want of a better phrase "****ed up in the head". He knew how to manipulate and brainwash people particularly this kind of female. He broke them down using strong quantities of LSD, group sex and other nefarious means, and then re-built them to become the monsters that they ended up being. Needless to say, Manson allegedly didn't take the LSD preferring to freak the women out and put thoughts in their heads whilst they were heavily tripping. Only in America could a monster like Manson succeed.