Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Welsh Job Rumours start now!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42041923

Re: Pulis Gone

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Welsh Job Rumours start now!

Or Swansea?

Hate to say it but think he would be ideal for the Jacks. Defensively they are a shambles and he would soon get them organised there.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Hate to say it but think he would be ideal for the Jacks. Defensively they are a shambles and he would soon get them organised there.
    He's the antithesis of the Swansealona way and the fans would hate him, so I'm all for it.

He's never been relegated, so why would he go to Abertawe Town and spoil his record !

THEY'RE DOOMED

I have a feeling that Osian Roberts will have a big say in the final decision on Welsh manager. I am sure that he wouldn't want the job himself, but where Wales are now is in the main down to him. The FAW will want to keep him, probably even more so than Coleman, so the new man will have to slot in the existing structure and buy into the longer term development of the youngsters.

I can't see Tony Pulis in that role and so this is where I see Giggs emerging as favourite.

Okay, Giggs is a pretty abhorrent individual in the eyes of many, but if he does the job, that will soon be forgotten.

Pulis to Swansea makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    I have a feeling that Osian Roberts will have a big say in the final decision on Welsh manager. I am sure that he wouldn't want the job himself, but where Wales are now is in the main down to him. The FAW will want to keep him, probably even more so than Coleman, so the new man will have to slot in the existing structure and buy into the longer term development of the youngsters.

I can't see Tony Pulis in that role and so this is where I see Giggs emerging as favourite.

Okay, Giggs is a pretty abhorrent individual in the eyes of many, but if he does the job, that will soon be forgotten.

Giggs has no management experience whatsoever

I would rather give the job to Roberts , we don't need a big name to manage those players and he clearly has the respect of the players

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post

Giggs turned up for two friendlies for Wales, 13 years apart. How can he expect Wales players to be committed when he couldn't be arsed himself?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

I would rather give the job to Roberts , we don't need a big name to manage those players and he clearly has the respect of the players
    Unfortunately, it's not the fans' choice to decide who gets the job. I certainly don't want Giggs, but Wales have taken the chance with inexperienced managers in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Giggs turned up for two friendlies for Wales, 13 years apart. How can he expect Wales players to be committed when he couldn't be arsed himself?
    As above, I don't want Giggs either. As to friendlies, Coleman wasn't interested in Wales playing them, so Gigg's attitude to that may not be that important to the players.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Neither did Mark Hughes when he took over and we got to a playoff with him.

I can see qualities that Pulis and Giggs could bring to wales.

Pulis would make us hard to beat and work on our set pieces while Giggs would look to attack with pace with a solid midfield base. So Pulis as manager with Giggs and Roberts as coaches!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Agreed Osian and Dutch Ray (if the FAW would have him is a different matter)

Pulis to the jacks would be a good fit for them - he will stop them losing games. BUT they are so fecking arrogant down there - it is the 'swansea way' or nothing.

So I think he'll go to a bottom 6 club sometime between now and Jan - and it wont be the Jacks
    "Swansea way" - what, the style of play that Swansea got rid of when Monk and Jenkins stabbed Laudrup in the back?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Neither did Mark Hughes when he took over and we got to a playoff with him.
    The playoff games where Earnie was criminally unused due to Hughes playing his favourites.

I just don't see out of the "current" crop of ex players there is someone up to the role. Carl Robinson does have managerial experience but it's Vancouver Whitecaps in MLS - not exactly the greatest team in that league.

In the days of Hughes et al you can see why Welsh managers were appointed. Talent base was poor. We've got quality in a number of positions, some good youngsters coming through. We need the best manager available to maximise that potential, but the best Welsh manager.

Since Gary S and CC we have had a player's player as manager, with character.
    We did better as the 'as one' mantra became real.
    I just cannot imagine Giggs maintaining that, nor taking it forward.
    Just feels like it might be a move for Wales that is
    akin to our own OGS moment.

Pullis and Giggs would be the perfect combination but we couldn't afford them both? Coleman was reported to be on 200,000/year!
    I think they'll go for Giggs ,more management experience than Hughes or Speed when appointed, Assistant Manager of Man Utd and in charge for 4 games, actually gave Tom Lawrence his debut and players would respect his achievements as most decorated Welshman.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    The playoff games where Earnie was criminally unused due to Hughes playing his favourites.
    That was the one. Hughes clung onto his position because he wanted to take on England and we suffered in that campaign as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Swansea wont go there , hope Wales avoid him, he's old school now need to move on with modern ideas ,he'd be a good short term fit at WHU ,Palace ,Everton for one season to keep em up

If only Sunderland had waited.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    Since Gary S and CC we have had a player's player as manager, with character.
    We did better as the 'as one' mantra became real.
    I just cannot imagine Giggs maintaining that, nor taking it forward.
    Just feels like it might be a move for Wales that is
    akin to our own OGS moment.
    Agree 100%, if Giggs is appointed Wales manger, it will be the same as when 'The Useless One' took over as manager of Cardiff City. Just because you were a great player DOES NOT mean the person will become a great player.

Personally, I'd like to see either Bellamy or Thierry Henry be given the chance to manage Wales. Failing that Pulis, but like a lot of posters on here, can see him ending up at Swansea

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Swansea wont go there , hope Wales avoid him, he's old school now need to move on with modern ideas ,he'd be a good short term fit at WHU ,Palace ,Everton for one season to keep em up
    The same could be said about Warnock, being old school, and he's not doing too badly here

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    If only Sunderland had waited.

I like Tony Pulis. Can't see him pulling on a red baseball cap any time soon. I not even sure I want him too. I don't know what it is because he is a good club manager but I just can't see him coaching Wales. Can't explain it. Just don't feel right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Agree 100%, if Giggs is appointed Wales manger, it will be the same as when 'The Useless One' took over as manager of Cardiff City. Just because you were a great player DOES NOT mean the person will become a great player.

Personally, I'd like to see either Bellamy or Thierry Henry be given the chance to manage Wales. Failing that Pulis, but like a lot of posters on here, can see him ending up at Swansea
    I would like to see Bellamy spend more time at City and eventually take over the reigns.
    If we have serious aspirations of premiership football, Warnock will be the wrong person.