+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Arsenal Welsh

The Arsenal Welsh

Hi all, I thought i'd share with you my latest article, which looks at the history of Welsh players at Arsenal. Some players with links to Cardiff. Let me know what you think.

https://y-ddraig.co.uk/2017/11/19/the-arsenal-welsh

Re: The Arsenal Welsh

Excellent and interesting article

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Excellent and interesting article
    Cheers thank you :)

A good read, thanks - that Caesar Jenkyns sounds a right clogger!

A couple of things I hope you won't mind me pointing out;-

1. The spelling of Caesyr Jenkins in the caption that appears under the photograph of him is different from how it appears in the body of the article.

2. It looks like you've missed out the number of goals Aaron Ramsey has scored for Arsenal.

Nice article

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

1. The spelling of Caesyr Jenkins in the caption that appears under the photograph of him is different from how it appears in the body of the article.

2. It looks like you've missed out the number of goals Aaron Ramsey has scored for Arsenal.
    From what i found the name under the photo is the incorrect one as every other source had it as Jenkyns.

With Ramsey's goals, yeah i only found that out after, i can only apologise for that. Thank you, will make sure to rectify these in future:)

Quote Originally Posted by neil316 View Post
    From what i found the name under the photo is the incorrect one as every other source had it as Jenkyns.

With Ramsey's goals, yeah i only found that out after, i can only apologise for that. Thank you, will make sure to rectify these in future:)
    You can't go into the software you did it on and make the alterations?

i'll ask the guy now because i dont have the logins to do it, hopefully he can, annoys me that i've done that

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Sorted this out now! Thank you for pointing this out :)

Hi all, I thought i'd share with you my latest article, which looks at the history of Welsh players at Arsenal. Some players with links to Cardiff. Let me know what you think.

https://y-ddraig.co.uk/2017/11/19/the-arsenal-welsh
    Did you omit Rhys Weston, because he wasn't born in Wales ?

Im pretty sure that as a result of the goal let in by Dan Lewis, theres an Arsenal tradition/superstition of Arsenal keepers not wearing new jerseys.

Signed a fellow Maerdy boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Did you omit Rhys Weston, because he wasn't born in Wales ?
    yeah and because he only played one game for them

yeah and because he only played one game for them

was easy to leave him out!

That’s a great article made all the better for the photos of each player and details of the beginnings of Arsenal FC
    Just one thing. When you refer to Ramsey’s career there is a sentence that does not quite make sense. It’s the bit about his career being temporarily stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    That’s a great article made all the better for the photos of each player and details of the beginnings of Arsenal FC
    Just one thing. When you refer to Ramsey’s career there is a sentence that does not quite make sense. It’s the bit about his career being temporarily stopped.
    yeah i thought it made sense haha i probably should have used halted instead of stopped

It was a fascinating article. There were a number of Welsh lads playing for Arsenal in the 50’s and then a huge gap of 40 years before Hartson made an impact.

there were a couple in between like peter nicholas but i felt he made more of an impact at other clubs

Nice article, I think its much more interesting as a timeline like this, than as an XI

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Im pretty sure that as a result of the goal let in by Dan Lewis, theres an Arsenal tradition/superstition of Arsenal keepers not wearing new jerseys.

Signed a fellow Maerdy boy!
    That is very plausible if that's true given the superstition of football fans players ect
    pretty funny too its because of City

yeah the xi was just something that came from the north vs south wales article i did

hope you don't mind, but I've just posted your article on an Arsenal site. prob should've asked first, but it was a really good read & just wanted to spread your piece. Thanx

Seems in the main that being Welsh and playing for Arsenal shortens your life expectancy a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by spadey View Post
    hope you don't mind, but I've just posted your article on an Arsenal site. prob should've asked first, but it was a really good read & just wanted to spread your piece. Thanx
    i dont mind that at all. the more that reads it the better :). thank you for doing it

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    Seems in the main that being Welsh and playing for Arsenal shortens your life expectancy a bit.
    yeah that does seem a bit of a weird coincidence!