+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team for Barnsley

Team for Barnsley

3 players got into the Champ team of the week, Manga, Bennett and Ralls. Funnily enough when we beat Sheff Utd 2-0 Manga was RB. Will he continue there or will Paterson come back, who I assume was rested because of the 3 games in a week. Hopefully Gunnar and NML will start so my team:
    Etheridge
    Paterson
    Manga
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Bennett
    Ralls
    Gunnar
    NML
    Junior
    Ward

Re: Team for Barnsley

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    3 players got into the Champ team of the week, Manga, Bennett and Ralls. Funnily enough when we beat Sheff Utd 2-0 Manga was RB. Will he continue there or will Paterson come back, who I assume was rested because of the 3 games in a week. Hopefully Gunnar and NML will start so my team:
    Etheridge
    Paterson
    Manga
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Bennett
    Ralls
    Gunnar
    NML
    Junior
    Ward
    Do we know how long NML is likely to be out for?
    I’d start Gunnar in place of Bryson and keep Damour and Ralls in.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Do we know how long NML is likely to be out for?
    I’d start Gunnar in place of Bryson and keep Damour and Ralls in.
    Warnock said that NML was 90% fit for Sat, so i am hoping he will play tomorrow.

Etheridge
    Paterson
    Manga
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Bennett
    Ralls
    Gunnar
    NML
    Junior
    Ward
    I much prefer Morrison and Bamba as the centre halves.

I'd play the same back side but Gunnar in for Bryson and only play NML if he's 100%. He's too important to risk, and that's without Harris being out for another month. Feeney works hard but I'm not sure what he's actually good at, the same goes for Bryson. Clearly a decent player with incredible energy but he doesn't keep possession or win tackles.

I don't think much of Bamba Gunnar and Ralls as a midfield. If it's a back 5 then I don't think he will revert back to that if we have Gunnar available again.

Etheridge

Paterson (if not be adverse to manga playing here)
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Bennett

Gunnar holding
    Ralls
    Damour box to box replaced with Tomlin

NML
    Ward (please play it on the floor and give the lad a chance)
    Hoilett

If Zahore is fit. I would like to see him and Ward up front in a 4-4-2.

Etheridge
    Paterson
    Manga
    Bamba
    Bennett
    Gunners
    Ralls
    Hoilett
    NML
    Zahore
    Ward

Bringing on Tomlin if it is not working.

Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    If Zahore is fit. I would like to see him and Ward up front in a 4-4-2.

Etheridge
    Paterson
    Manga
    Bamba
    Bennett
    Gunners
    Ralls
    Hoilett
    NML
    Zahore
    Ward

Bringing on Tomlin if it is not working.

Spedger
    Not keen Morrison then? Zahore will not play before next Sunday and i doubt even then.

Not keen Morrison then? Zahore will not play before next Sunday and i doubt even then.
    I wouldn't say 'not keen.' Just prefer Manga and Bamba as Central defenders, seems to be more mistakes in Morrison, though I also understand he pitches in with goals and obviously seems to be the leader on the pitch Warnock wants. Seeing the 3 together is also good. I guess it is a luxury to have 3 good CDs vying for the 2 spots. Connelly must be gutted as I think he is an above average Championship defender that can't get into the starting line up.
    Spedger

New signing alert.......Zahore😂😂😂

I wouldn't say 'not keen.' Just prefer Manga and Bamba as Central defenders, seems to be more mistakes in Morrison, though I also understand he pitches in with goals and obviously seems to be the leader on the pitch Warnock wants. Seeing the 3 together is also good. I guess it is a luxury to have 3 good CDs vying for the 2 spots. Connelly must be gutted as I think he is an above average Championship defender that can't get into the starting line up.
    Spedger
    I guess Warnock made promises to Manga that he would play him regularly. I dont disagree that as a CB Morrison can be a bit suspect but makes up for that with the problems he causes at the other end. Would not be surprised if Warnock does play 5 at the back tomorrow.

Assuming no Ken or M-L

Etheridge

Peltier
    Manga
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Bennett

Paterson
    Bryson
    Ralls

Ward
    Junior

Gunnarsson, Damour and Feeney to make appearances in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    Assuming no Ken or M-L

Etheridge

Peltier
    Manga
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Bennett

Paterson
    Bryson
    Ralls

Ward
    Junior

I dont like us with 5 at the back.
    If we are to do it then we would need Paterson and Bennet as wing backs. No room for Peltier There, he's good defensively, but we need to be on the front foot if we are to give up a midfielder. Certainly can't see Paterson in the centre when we have Damour and Tomlin, depending on how adventurous we are going to be.

Assuming no Ken or M-L

Etheridge

Peltier
    Manga
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Bennett

Paterson
    Bryson
    Ralls

Ward
    Junior

Assuming no Ken or M-L

Etheridge

Paterson
    Manga
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Bennett

Gunnarsson
    Bryson
    Ralls

Ward
    Junior

Murphy, Peltier Connolly Damour Tomlin Feeney & Fred

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I dont like us with 5 at the back.
    If we are to do it then we would need Paterson and Bennet as wing backs. No room for Peltier There, he's good defensively, but we need to be on the front foot if we are to give up a midfielder. Certainly can't see Paterson in the centre when we have Damour and Tomlin, depending on how adventurous we are going to be.
    So long as we have injuries, I don't see any scope for adventure. NW loves Peltier, so I am sure he will come back in at RB. Paterson came on and played wide right on Saturday, which is why I have put him in my XI, to preserve the width that NW likes.

This may not be the team that I would pick, but I wouldn't be surprised if that is what we see.

So long as we have injuries, I don't see any scope for adventure. NW loves Peltier, so I am sure he will come back in at RB. Paterson came on and played wide right on Saturday, which is why I have put him in my XI, to preserve the width that NW likes.

This may not be the team that I would pick, but I wouldn't be surprised if that is what we see.
    Could go

Etheridge

Morrison
    Manga
    Bamba

Patterson
    Gunnar
    Ralls
    Bennett

NML
    Ward
    Hoilett

3at the back.
    Still get width.
    Can go 5atb if needed...

He will keep NML back for Sunday

I would keep Manga at right back and play Patterson wide right, he was excellent there, what a player we have

My guess

Etheridge
    Right Back Peltier
    Left Back Bennett
    CB Morrison
    CB Bamba
    DM Ralls
    DM Gunnar
    AM Bryson
    LW Hoillett
    CF Ward
    RW Patterson (though he may opt for Feeney for only a reason he knows as I don't get it and assuming NML isn't fit)

We are away to a team who keep the ball. He will shut up shop as he always does! Refer to 'Boro.
    There is no way on earth he's not picking Peltier at right back and Morrison will always be first choice Centre Half - the only way we'll see a Bamba Manga centre half pairing is if our captain is unable to walk!

Spedger
    Manga makes more mistakes than all of our defenders and takes risks that don't always come off. Connolly can't stay fit, which is a shame.

He won't leave out Manga after Saturday's performance. I think Peltier will come back in and we'll have 5 at the back. If not maybe Manga will keep his place with Peltier on the bench. I think Gunnar will come in for Bryson, and hopefully NML will be back too.
    So for me it would be: Etheridge, Manga, Morrison, Bamba, Bennett, Gunnar, Ralls, Damour, NML, Ward, Hoilett. Subs: Murphy, Peltier, Patterson, Bryson, Tomlin, Gounongbe, Feeney, Connolly.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    He won't leave out Manga after Saturday's performance. I think Peltier will come back in and we'll have 5 at the back. If not maybe Manga will keep his place with Peltier on the bench. I think Gunnar will come in for Bryson, and hopefully NML will be back too.
    So for me it would be: Etheridge, Manga, Morrison, Bamba, Bennett, Gunnar, Ralls, Damour, NML, Ward, Hoilett. Subs: Murphy, Peltier, Patterson, Bryson, Tomlin, Gounongbe, Feeney, Connolly.
    I agree with that. Apart from the 8 subs of course (someone might notice).

Barnsley like Brentford play the ball on the floor so I would put Bamba in the midfield with Gunnerson, Back 4 Peltier, Morrison, Manga, Bennett. Attacking mid Hoilett, Tomlin, Patterson and Ward up front.

Etheridge

Patterson bamba Morrison Bennett
    Gunnarsson ralls
    NML damour hoilett
    Bogle (Zohore if fit)

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Etheridge

Gunnarsson ralls
    NML damour hoilett
    Bogle (Zohore if fit)
    Ain't he banned? Or injured maybe..seen something Inn the match day thread hinting he's not available..bogle that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Etheridge

Gunnarsson ralls
    NML damour hoilett
    Bogle (Zohore if fit)
    Bogle is out for the next 2