+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: David Haye torn bicep

David Haye torn bicep

Hes hurt himself in traing again. Fell down the stairs. Fight postponed. I was looking forward to that.

Re: David Haye torn bicep

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Hes hurt himself in traing again. Fell down the stairs. Fight postponed. I was looking forward to that.
    Sadly means Bellew isn't fighting that night. I'd have wanted to get Dillian Whyte in there against him...

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Sadly means Bellew isn't fighting that night. I'd have wanted to get Dillian Whyte in there against him...
    That would be a good tussle. I quite like Dillian. I think the bicep injury for Hayevhas got a 4 week recuperation period so it's maybe best to wait. Who knows though cause he is in hospital today.

That would be a good tussle. I quite like Dillian. I think the bicep injury for Hayevhas got a 4 week recuperation period so it's maybe best to wait. Who knows though cause he is in hospital today.
    Haye - Bellew has two possible dates, March or May.

I'd want Whyte against Bellew tbh to see Bellend get smashed by a real heavyweight. Given Bellend claims he "beat Haye at his best" when he struggled to put away a one legged fighter, he needs to be brought back to reality.

I hope Bellend never fights Parker though, that would be an easy win for a title.

Haye - Bellew has two possible dates, March or May.

I'd want Whyte against Bellew tbh to see Bellend get smashed by a real heavyweight. Given Bellend claims he "beat Haye at his best" when he struggled to put away a one legged fighter, he needs to be brought back to reality.

I hope Bellend never fights Parker though, that would be an easy win for a title.
    Do you reckon we could have all the heavyweight belts back in Britain by the end of the year. Whatever path that takes. Wilder aint all that is he if you look at his record? Seems to fight guys hes already beaten from time to time.

I sense Wilder is more hype. He sure as hell doesn't draw a crowd, the "power" is now firmly in AJ and Hearns hands.

The smart approach would be Wilder ASAP. Let Parker have more fights because if you want to make money off an AJ- Parker fight, you need people to think that a) Parker isn't a bum and b) Parker has a chance.

So if I was Hearn I'd want AJ's next two fights to be Wilder then Parker.

The key then is if Fury gets his licence back. If so, bring him back slowly - you then get the big money match of the undisputed champ in AJ against the coke head who didn't lose the titles in the ring.

EDIT:

Wilder and his team aren't dumb. He'd rather make the money he is now than risk and lose to AJ. So I sense Wilder won't want that fight.

I know people question this division. I still like it. The titles need to be unified soon or its more ammunition against the big lads. I reckon AJ can do it. He sometimes looks like he could be chinned himself which makes it better.

Titles are only unified with money / political goodwill.

US based orgs wouldn't be happy with the titles outside their territory again. Klitschko brothers held them in Germany, the popularity of heavyweight boxing in USA declined.

I got a feeling they are going to have to get used to it. Who was the last proper heavyweight they had? I am genuinely asking not being a nob.

Good question.

I got a feeling they are going to have to get used to it. Who was the last proper heavyweight they had? I am genuinely asking not being a nob.
    in my opinion mate the last decent world class American heavyweight champs were Iron Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield
    but they are legends and we are talking about 20 years ago now I think

Titles are only unified with money / POLITICAL goodwill.

US based orgs wouldn't be happy with the titles outside their territory again. Klitschko brothers held them in Germany, the popularity of heavyweight boxing in USA declined.
    there lays the problem with boxing not just the heavy weight division
    its the politics mate
    multiple world champions
    different rules for different belts
    scumbag promoters
    PPV for what seems like every title fight (and now non title fights)

there should only really be 1 world champion
    and he/she should always face the number 1 contender
    its become saturated