+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kenneth Zohore

Kenneth Zohore

How long has he been out - six weeks ??
    According to the other place, Warnock commented yesterday :

"Ken's is not looking overly good with him so we're going to see what happens with him."

It's very odd - rumours that he's out for the season seemed far-fetched, but I'm beginning to wonder when we'll see him again. It surely doesn't take 6 weeks to diagnose the problem..

Re: Kenneth Zohore

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post

"Ken's is not looking overly good with him so we're going to see what happens with him."

It's very odd - rumours that he's out for the season seemed far-fetched, but I'm beginning to wonder when we'll see him again. It surely doesn't take 6 weeks to diagnose the problem..
    Torn muscle tissue isn’t it?
    Warnock talked of players being able to play through it and some players being in pain and possibly requiring surgery.
    Think Zohore is the latter.

I thought it was ligaments in his heel. Non weight bearing ones. An unusual injury. Sounds like Neil is getting the hump a bit about it. Ligaments are dodgy though.

Warnock definitely spoke about pain from scar tissue. The club have had a second opinion on the problem which confirmed their original diagnosis. He did say that some players (e.g. Gunnar) could play with that level of pain (presumably it takes time to settle down) whilst others can't.

He did say that he (Warnock) was like Ken in that regard and had a similar pain threshold - so wasn't saying Ken is a wuss. I'm sure he also said something about an option to cut away the scar tissue if necessary.

There was some talk on Saturday of Ken having an operation today!

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    There was some talk on Saturday of Ken having an operation today!
    If that's the case, won't see him til after Christmas - at least ..

I notice Hoilett carries some pain around. He has bags of egergy at times and runs past players, gets the ball across etc, but at the end of the phase slows up, and when he is brought down, tends to stay down and seems to have problems getting to his feet quickly. Often limping away and getting charged up again. I know some may say he is looking for free kick etc. But it seems to me there is a genuine pain he seems to carry around.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post

Club do seem to be quite quiet about the problem. Not sure why.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Club do seem to be quite quiet about the problem. Not sure why.
    Spedger
    Why do you write “Spedger” after ever post. Ever so slightly annoying

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Warnock definitely spoke about pain from scar tissue. The club have had a second opinion on the problem which confirmed their original diagnosis. He did say that some players (e.g. Gunnar) could play with that level of pain (presumably it takes time to settle down) whilst others can't.

He did say that he (Warnock) was like Ken in that regard and had a similar pain threshold - so wasn't saying Ken is a wuss. I'm sure he also said something about an option to cut away the scar tissue if necessary.
    Neil Warnock said that he and Ken had high pain thresholds. I think he meant low ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Why do you write “Spedger” after ever post. Ever so slightly annoying
    I've also been curious about that, but not otherwise bothered ....

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    I've also been curious about that, but not otherwise bothered ....
    It`s his nickname

I wonder if :
    He's leaving

He's being taken out of the limelight .

He really is crocked and they don't want to rush him back.

Club being canny with January window approaching.

I'm a little concerned with this situation mate
    a feel a little negative of witch I think its one of 1 of 3 possibilities

1.hes out for a long time maybe most of the season
    2. he will be gone in the transfer window
    3.like others have pointed out maybe he is been kept out of the limelight incase another bid comes in

I'm hoping I am wrong
    I have got form for being totally wrong

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    I'm a little concerned with this situation mate
    a feel a little negative of witch I think its one of 1 of 3 possibilities

1.hes out for a long time maybe most of the season
    2. he will be gone in the transfer window
    3.like others have pointed out maybe he is been kept out of the limelight incase another bid comes in

I'm hoping I am wrong
    I have got form for being totally wrong
    I honestly don't think it's any of those reasons.

Firstly, Warnock said on iFollow recently, when pressed about the Zohore situation, that the player had indicated he'd be back fit and in contention for selection, however, a few days later, on the Monday, big Ken did a bit of a turnaround and said he didn't feel right. So, my belief is he isn't a million miles off from a return.

As for your second point: Zohore has scored what ... 2 goals this season? He's gone off the radar through inactivity and for not doing what attracts interest in strikers from other clubs ... scoring goals!

Which is why I don't think the third point about keeping him out of the limelight in case a bid comes in for him is relevant. That would require not playing him in December too, a total of two months keeping our star centre forward out of the team just so no one bids for him?