Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
The trouble is , when the club gets a big gate , like against Leeds , they try and get them interested by offering cheap deals , such as the kids for a quid deal on Halloween............and those very same fans just don't bother

They are not fans of Cardiff city , they are typical south Wales sports fans ......they turn up for the big games ......as they do for international rugby .......and then vanish

They will sing as long as we beat the English at the rugby on a Saturday then go home and cheer on English football teams on sky TV , from their front room or the local pub
Sadly, I think you're right Sludge. Thanks to a cheap ticket deal, we get over 27,000 on a Tuesday night for a match against the league leaders and give them a bit of a hiding. We then face a team that is currently in the top six four days later with normal prices and nearly nine thousand less are there. Now I reckon there were some who turned up for the Leeds match and were so impressed that they bought a ticket for the Derby game and, who knows, they may have been to every match since, but, far, far more of those who don't go to matches often who were tempted into coming to the Leeds game have not bothered since despite the fact that they must, surely, have enjoyed themselves that night. I daresay a few who were at the Leeds match also made it along to the Villa game in August where we laid on another excellent display, but it seems that with some people in this area, what the team does when they go to a game makes no difference to them - that's got nothing to do with the rebrand and everything to do with being a "typical south Wales fan".