+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What Barnsley fans are saying

Re: What Barnsley fans are saying

Went to Barnsley in 2009. Your mate who fell from the stand in Millwall was playing **** up there

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Went to Barnsley in 2009. Your mate who fell from the stand in Millwall was playing **** up there

He's always playing up. Once he gets out of the Rhondda there's no stopping him, but his missus has put her foot down since he absailed off the Millwall stand without a rope

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post

He's always playing up. Once he gets out of the Rhondda there's no stopping him, but his missus has put her foot down since he absailed off the Millwall stand without a rope
    How was he after that ?

It was horrible to watch

Not the most anti-Cardiff comments I've ever read,alot like us in outlook it seems.

He was fine mate. The size of his head I'm surprised he didn't crack the concrete! In all seriousness he was a lucky boy but he did lose his cp company jacket which had to be cut off in the hospital.

A mixture of rebrand and his missus putting her foot down has stopped him going down so regularly now. He coaches at local level at the moment.

Apart from witnessing their nutters fighting with our nutters up and down at Mary Street a few years back , I have a lot of time for teams like Barnsley

Just down the road to the Sheffield clubs , just up the road to the Leeds scum yet they have a hardcore of 10000 that back the club , from a town with a small population

A real working class old school football club , I love it when sides like that beat the likes of Leeds

Hopefully we will beat them tonight but for the rest of the season , like Brentford , I wish them well

He was fine mate. The size of his head I'm surprised he didn't crack the concrete! In all seriousness he was a lucky boy but he did lose his cp company jacket which had to be cut off in the hospital.

A mixture of rebrand and his missus putting her foot down has stopped him going down so regularly now. He coaches at local level at the moment.
    Thank god for that

Good to hear he is still involved in football and hopefully he will be back to watch us in the future

I thought he was dead !

Anyone know if it's pay on the gate for us tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    Anyone know if it's pay on the gate for us tonight?
    Yes it is. Cash only.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-cardiff-city/

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Apart from witnessing their nutters fighting with our nutters up and down at Mary Street a few years back , I have a lot of time for teams like Barnsley

Just down the road to the Sheffield clubs , just up the road to the Leeds scum yet they have a hardcore of 10000 that back the club , from a town with a small population

A real working class old school football club , I love it when sides like that beat the likes of Leeds

Hopefully we will beat them tonight but for the rest of the season , like Brentford , I wish them well

They are a great club.

I used to work with a fair few Barnsley fans and they were all Mick McCarthy clones. Down to earth. Plain speaking. No illusions. Liked their football.

I seen him last year over a netball tournament in Aberdare, he was managing the Rhondda under 11s I think. I dont know if he was the official manager but he was certainly the boss. Very competetive.

I'm here with you all the way Sludgey!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Thank you!

I lived in South Yorkshire (Doncaster) for a few years. Barnsley folk were a breed apart; they simply wouldn't buy into multicultural Britain, and consequently very few non-whites would dare locate there for fear of being burned out. I understand not much has changed today where Doncaster, Sheffield and Rotherham is full of, er, is diverse, whereas Barnsley ain't.

Their mob (Five-o) have always been very game, particularly when Sheffield Utd and Leeds fans are in view.

How was he after that ?

It was horrible to watch
    I thought he was dead , he was standing in front of me arms spread wide singing or giving it large and just disappeared over the edge.

Fair does to the kind Millwall supporters , saw he had gone over and started singing "she fell over" didnt know if he was dead or alive.
    Rough lot.
    I was amazed when it turned out he was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I lived in South Yorkshire (Doncaster) for a few years. Barnsley folk were a breed apart; they simply wouldn't buy into multicultural Britain, and consequently very few non-whites would dare locate there for fear of being burned out. I understand not much has changed today where Doncaster, Sheffield and Rotherham is full of, er, is diverse, whereas Barnsley ain't.

Their mob (Five-o) have always been very game, particularly when Sheffield Utd and Leeds fans are in view.
    Didn't they surprise Cardiff a few years back.

THey're a good bunch. went up there a few years back with my wife who was on crutches & the stewards & fans went out of they're ways to get us parked as close as possible & get Mandi in & out as quick as possible with no hassle at all

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Didn't they surprise Cardiff a few years back.
    They were met at Cardiff central by the police who put them in that pub opposite the old same bar .......you would have thought 100 fans would be easy for south Wales police to control but they cocked it right up

Barnsley fans broke out of the pub and were scrapping with our nutters up and down st Mary Street , police lost all control

I came out of burger king on Westgate Street onto at Mary Street to be greeted by two sets of nutters laying into each other , it was potty

At the ground , where no more than 300 Barnsley fans were gathered , the police still couldn't control them and they nearly broke out of the ground

South Wales police like to think they are experts at crowd control but they were next to useless that day

The story goes that they have one away day every year in rememberance of one of their lads who had passed away. It just happened to fall on Cardiff away that year.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

They sound a good old fashioned racist crew , well done on them .

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The story goes that they have one away day every year in rememberance of one of their lads who had passed away. It just happened to fall on Cardiff away that year.
    I tried to write the same earlier but it wouldn't send