Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
I can't get my head round all these people wanting Pulis. Do you really think that footballing troglodyte is the right person to be coaching Bale, Ramsey, Allen and bringing through the technically gifted talents that are Ampadu, Brooks and Woodburn?
He'd try and turn us into that crock of shite that is the Republic of Ireland team.
Its a debate on what is actually needed for international managers.

In essence the development on players is more to do with clubs than the international team. However it could be vital to have a system which is then played through the youth teams, and have a format where introducing talents into the International team so that they gain experience and feel comfortable at that level.

However Coleman had a system and the team that qualified for the euros were very rigid. We were a strong defensive unit that relied on a moment of talent to win the game.

It could be argues that a player like Giggs, would be more attractive to the media, and the PR relationship with Wales. It could be argued that Giggs would hold the respect of the younger player who would look up to his achievements. However we have little or no idea if Giggs could set-up the team to be successful, and if the results go out of the window then all the previous positives go out the window.

What we do know with Pulis is that he knows how to set-up a team. Whilst it might not always be attractive it has gained him better results than any other manager on that list. He will have to adapt to the players he has available to him, but i do not think that is beyond him.

The debate revolves around an attractive unknown, to the older more tried and tested manager. It shouldn't be that difficult to see either ends of the argument.