Bilic is on the list, surely because optimistic Welsh fans / naïve gamblers have put money on him. I would imagine that his value is way too high for him to be a serious candidate. So I'm ignoring that one.

My personal view is the candidate needs experience managing. Does Giggs scrape through on this point? Barely. But he is more experienced than Mark Hughes when he took the job.

By my reckoning there are four names in the running. Pulis and Giggs are the clear favourites in my head. The dark horses are Bellamy and Robinson. I'd be shocked if anyone else were appointed. All four of these candidates are really problematic for different reasons and we won't be able to tick all the boxes. I reckon we'll appoint someone who has gone through the FAW (Osian) training scheme. I hope that Osian's due diligence tells him that Robinson is the best man for the job, but I can't look past Giggs getting first refusal.

Bellamy is now favourite with the bookies by the way! You can get as long as odds as 12-1 on Giggs right now. Just saying.