+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBC website. Vote for the new Wales manager

BBC website. Vote for the new Wales manager

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42052214

As I'm typing this 27% of the votes so far have gone to Ryan Giggs, making him 2nd to Tony Pulis on 33%.

I'm willing to bet that 26% of those Giggs votes have come from plastic Mancs dotted throughout the country, particularly those in South Wales, The west country, Surrey and the Cheshire stockbroker belt..

Come on lads, get voting. and make the fecker the last on the list

Re: BBC website. Vote for the new Wales manager

another vote for Pulis

And me

Giggs for me

Pulis.

But if we did go with young and inexperienced I would go with Bellamy.

NOT GIGGS

Of those names listed my order of choice
    1. Pulis
    2. Robinson
    3. Roberts
    4. Bellamy
    5. Henry
    6. Saunders
    7. Bilic
    8. Hartson
    9. Giggs

For Giggs to find himself below Hartson in my estimation is an achievement in itself

Waste of time. Do people really think the FAW can splash out £2 million a year?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    We could all chip in with our wives & girlfriends.

I can't get my head round all these people wanting Pulis. Do you really think that footballing troglodyte is the right person to be coaching Bale, Ramsey, Allen and bringing through the technically gifted talents that are Ampadu, Brooks and Woodburn?
    He'd try and turn us into that crock of shite that is the Republic of Ireland team.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    I can't get my head round all these people wanting Pulis. Do you really think that footballing troglodyte is the right person to be coaching Bale, Ramsey, Allen and bringing through the technically gifted talents that are Ampadu, Brooks and Woodburn?
    He'd try and turn us into that crock of shite that is the Republic of Ireland team.
    Dead right, and that is why I voted for Bellamy.

Dead right and that's why I voted for Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Dead right, and that is why I voted for Bellamy.
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Dead right and that's why I voted for Henry
    Henry is a good shout, but Bellamy's Welsh passion swings it for me, plus he was best mates with Gary Speed.

The way I see it is that an international manager gets a very limited amount of time to work with a team. Many managers are not coaches. He has them for barely two weeks every couple of months and his job primarily is to get the players to want to turn up and to motivate them and get the best out of the group. One of the things that Tony Pulis is often praised for is his man management skills. I’d want him in for that. The coaching staff can do the work on the training ground and I think it would be perfect if we also brought Bellamy into the coaching set up, especially if he could combine that with his work with the City under 18s.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Henry is a good shout, but Bellamy's Welsh passion swings it for me, plus he was best mates with Gary Speed.
    I voted for Henry because I see him as the person most likely to allow the new generation of players to freely express themselves on the pitch, rather than conform to a system that the manager wants to impose on the team.

Its a debate on what is actually needed for international managers.

In essence the development on players is more to do with clubs than the international team. However it could be vital to have a system which is then played through the youth teams, and have a format where introducing talents into the International team so that they gain experience and feel comfortable at that level.

However Coleman had a system and the team that qualified for the euros were very rigid. We were a strong defensive unit that relied on a moment of talent to win the game.

It could be argues that a player like Giggs, would be more attractive to the media, and the PR relationship with Wales. It could be argued that Giggs would hold the respect of the younger player who would look up to his achievements. However we have little or no idea if Giggs could set-up the team to be successful, and if the results go out of the window then all the previous positives go out the window.

What we do know with Pulis is that he knows how to set-up a team. Whilst it might not always be attractive it has gained him better results than any other manager on that list. He will have to adapt to the players he has available to him, but i do not think that is beyond him.

The debate revolves around an attractive unknown, to the older more tried and tested manager. It shouldn't be that difficult to see either ends of the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I voted for Henry because I see him as the person most likely to allow the new generation of players to freely express themselves on the pitch, rather than conform to a system that the manager wants to impose on the team.
    Ya, he'd be very "HANDS ON"

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    The couldn't pay Coleman £1 million.

I'm starting to warm up to the idea of Giggs. He might be a good fit. Who cares if he's a wanker? It makes no difference to me.

Blue in the Face

I voted for Carl Robinson.

Think that Giggs will get the post. It's a very problematic appointment - one for the players and not the fans. But he's probably my second choice.

Cannot understand why Henry has so many votes. He has zero experience as a manager and his insights as a pundit are terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    I voted for Carl Robinson.

Think that Giggs will get the post. It's a very problematic appointment - one for the players and not the fans. But he's probably my second choice.

Cannot understand why Henry has so many votes. He has zero experience as a manager and his insights as a pundit are terrible.
    Got his coaching badges with the FAW I believe, a few pictures of him wearing Wales training gear circulated last year, big name and current Belgium assistant to Martinez.

I’d probably take a punt with him if he was interested the same as I would with Bellamy.

Blue in the Face

He did get his badges with Osian Roberts yes. I don't think we should be taking a punt on anybody. Not with this generation of players. If the candidate hasn't managed before they shouldn't even be considered.

He did get his badges with Osian Roberts yes. I don't think we should be taking a punt on anybody. Not with this generation of players. If the candidate hasn't managed before they shouldn't even be considered.
    That would leave Pulis and Bilic if we take into account managers who have experience at the top level
    Bilic only if you include international credentials.

Blue in the Face

Bilic is on the list, surely because optimistic Welsh fans / naïve gamblers have put money on him. I would imagine that his value is way too high for him to be a serious candidate. So I'm ignoring that one.

My personal view is the candidate needs experience managing. Does Giggs scrape through on this point? Barely. But he is more experienced than Mark Hughes when he took the job.

By my reckoning there are four names in the running. Pulis and Giggs are the clear favourites in my head. The dark horses are Bellamy and Robinson. I'd be shocked if anyone else were appointed. All four of these candidates are really problematic for different reasons and we won't be able to tick all the boxes. I reckon we'll appoint someone who has gone through the FAW (Osian) training scheme. I hope that Osian's due diligence tells him that Robinson is the best man for the job, but I can't look past Giggs getting first refusal.

Bellamy is now favourite with the bookies by the way! You can get as long as odds as 12-1 on Giggs right now. Just saying.

Bellars on 9% now

Blue in the Face

Bellamy is now favourite with the bookies by the way! You can get as long as odds as 12-1 on Giggs right now. Just saying.
    Did anyone take this tip and get a bet on Ryan when his odds went this long? He actually went to 16. Hope so anyway.