+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City paid too much for Brayford, Moore and Medel...............

City paid too much for Brayford, Moore and Medel...............

at least that's what the club are alleging against a former scout and two agents, although I see Mackay and Moody "have been "removed" from a list of defendants and no longer feature in the litigation".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42077984

Re: City paid too much for Brayford, Moore and Medel...............

"Paid too much"

What does that even mean? Surely a fee was agreed. I don't know what Tan is trying to prove by pursuing this.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    "Paid too much"

What does that even mean? Surely a fee was agreed. I don't know what Tan is trying to prove by pursuing this.
    Thought the same myself.
    Perhaps PSG when they hit on hard times might try and recover a couple of million from Barca on the Neymar deal. After all, he's no way worth more than €220m.

Try and stay out of the news Vince, it's getting a bit silly now.

According to wikipedia, we paid £1.5m for Brayford. Doesn't seem extortionate to me bearing in mind the same source claims we sold him on for the same amount.

Same source claims we paid £11m for Medel and sold him on for £10m

I think we "only" paid around £500k for Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    According to wikipedia, we paid £1.5m for Brayford. Doesn't seem extortionate to me bearing in mind the same source claims we sold him on for the same amount.

Same source claims we paid £11m for Medel and sold him on for £10m

I think we "only" paid around £500k for Moore.

It is ridiculous and again our owner is embarrassing himself and our club. This also brings to an end the distorted views the Malaysian owner has about MM and his involvement in the 2013 transfers. MM will face no further allegations.
    I really wish Tan would now shut up and stop us looking pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    It is ridiculous and again our owner is embarrassing himself and our club. This also brings to an end the distorted views the Malaysian owner has about MM and his involvement in the 2013 transfers. MM will face no further allegations.
    I really wish Tan would now shut up and stop us looking pathetic
    That or there wasn't conclusive evidence against Mackay.

Ridiculous? That's a silly claim. If it turns out for example people were skimming off the top, when they did no work on the deals then of course it should be taken to court. People's hatred of Tan outweighs their desire to see the club not get ripped off, clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Thought the same myself.
    Perhaps PSG when they hit on hard times might try and recover a couple of million from Barca on the Neymar deal. After all, he's no way worth more than €220m.

Try and stay out of the news Vince, it's getting a bit silly now.
    It would not have gone this far if the lawyers thought there was nothing in it.I suspect an application would be made by the court to get it thrown out if that was the case. We will have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    at least that's what the club are alleging against a former scout and two agents, although I see Mackay and Moody "have been "removed" from a list of defendants and no longer feature in the litigation".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42077984
    Good luck with that claim .

Club pay to much for footballer shock, whatever next?

Swansea better warm up their lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    It would not have gone this far if the lawyers thought there was nothing in it.I suspect an application would be made by the court to get it thrown out if that was the case. We will have to wait and see.
    Give me one tiny wee thing that you reckon could be a factor in this?

We could clog the board up naming players who never clicked at their new clubs. Some cost millions .....

I suspect this more about exposure ,fees , back handers and a court case will flush it out ,and drag others back in due to involvement in these deals ,there is a reason for everything and the club would have been briefed on whether to proceed ,I dont understand the anti Tan /Club comments on this its not hurting us,one might argue we backing a stand against poor behaviors.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Give me one tiny wee thing that you reckon could be a factor in this?

We could clog the board up naming players who never clicked at their new clubs. Some cost millions .....
    One wee thing?

Maybe agents were paid who it later turned out played zero part in the transfers.

People seem to believe it's all about market value and players not working out.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I suspect this more about exposure ,fees , back handers and a court case will flush it out ,and drag others back in due to involvement in these deals ,there is a reason for everything and the club would have been briefed on whether to proceed ,I dont understand the anti Tan /Club comments on this its not hurting us,one might argue we backing a stand against poor behaviors.
    Well, the thing is those shouting down Tan over this would the first to shout him down for not chasing things up if it turns out dodgy deals occurred.

Ignore the fact Tan is involved.

If people were skimming from the club over the deals, it's the club who were the victim in all of this. If the club were ripped off it's staggering to me that some believe the club should have let it lie irrespective of owner.

Agreed, the headline is misleading. Probably something along the lines of money which went to a 3rd party was stated as part of the transfer fee. That would be fraud, and if it meant the club recoups a million quid or so, then I say good luck to them...

I may have given the impression that anti-Tan but I don't think I am. Made his mistakes and seems to have held hands up.

Consider this.... a billionnaire feels it worth having a punt of a few million on a couple of barristers in the hope of saving face.
    Throw enough mud around and some might stick in order to justify his (and our) fall from grace. Perhaps he hasn't let it lie.

Nobody likes to see corruption or the perpetrators get away with it so maybe it is worth pursuing.
    I just don't think us being in the headlines all the time helps the club or our image and it seems that just when things seem to be clicking into place on the field of play, a massive distraction like a court case takes over.
    Let some other fecker go on the crusade!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I may have given the impression that anti-Tan but I don't think I am. Made his mistakes and seems to have held hands up.

Consider this.... a billionnaire feels it worth having a punt of a few million on a couple of barristers in the hope of saving face.
    Throw enough mud around and some might stick in order to justify his (and our) fall from grace. Perhaps he hasn't let it lie.

Nobody likes to see corruption or the perpetrators get away with it so maybe it is worth pursuing.
    I just don't think us being in the headlines all the time helps the club or our image and it seems that just when things seem to be clicking into place on the field of play, a massive distraction like a court case takes over.
    Let some other fecker go on the crusade!
    Get your point ,but lets be fair these dodgy practices are going on, and there is a distinct lack of a crusaders anywhere to be seen other than us. I for one is glad someone is protecting my small portion of my season ticket, that of the rest of the fans , and clubs dosh ,as a minimum it might send a message out to the next dodgy dealer ""stay away from us "".

Get your point ,but lets be fair these dodgy practices are going on, and there is a distinct lack of a crusaders anywhere to be seen other than us. I for one is glad someone is protecting my small portion of my season ticket, that of the rest of the fans , and clubs dosh ,as a minimum it might send a message out to the next dodgy dealer ""stay away from us "".
    Get yours and others' points too

Dodgy practices going on in all walks of life.
    Makes me sick!

A couple of years ago Tan did say that he was keen to shed light on the alleged malpractice that is supposedly rife within Football.

If that is what he still wants to do, then .. well done?