+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Declan wanted by Leeds?

Blue in the Face

Declan wanted by Leeds?

Not sure how vaild the story is being the Express, but perhaps a healthy sign of his loan to Rangers...

Leeds United news: Whites line up January move for Rangers loanee - Cardiff City left-back Declan John.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...L-Championship

John, 22, is currently on a season-long loan with Rangers and his performances for the Scottish giants have alerted Leeds scouts.

He is out of contract at the end of the season and Championship rivals Cardiff could opt to sell in January, according to Football Insider.

The left-back position has proved problematic for Leeds since the departure of Charlie Taylor to Burnley.

Manchester United loanee Cameron Borthwick-Jackson has struggled for form and fitness while a recent suspension sidelined Gaetano Berardi.

That forced Leeds head coach Thomas Christiansen to use midfielders Vurnon Anita and Stuart Dallas at left-back in the defeats to Sheffield United and Derby County.

John, who has won two caps for Wales, joined Rangers on the final day of the summer transfer window.

He has scored two goals and provided one assist in five appearances for the Scottish Premiership outfit.

According to Football Insider, Leeds are lining up a bid when the transfer window reopens in January.

Berardi returns from suspension for today’s Championship game against Brentford (5.30pm).

Re: Declan wanted by Leeds?

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    He'd be a good fit for them, always like him and never given a decent run of games.

So far - Leeds and Sheff Utd are the best teams we've played at home this season
    Eh? Leeds? Really?

Probably explains why you rate Declan John though. If they want to give us a transfer fee for him though, I'd snap their hands off.

He'd be a good fit for them, always like him and never given a decent run of games.

So far - Leeds and Sheff Utd are the best teams we've played at home this season
    Leeds?
    Sheff Utd I agree with.
    Derby were better than Leeds in terms of how organised they were and probably should’ve nicked a win as were Sheff Wed.

Cameron Borthwick-Jackson?

Sounds more like a Polo player than a footballer.

I thought Leeds were about as bad as Aston Villa both of which were the worst teams seen at home this season.

Let me qualify that statement - Leeds looked very very good for the first 20 or so minutes - it's all about opinions remember.
    They will be in the playoffs I think
    It is all about opinions but Leeds were awful against us. We completely took them apart after the first goal. Both Sheffield sides (I know you included United) were far better than Leeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Eh? Leeds? Really?

Probably explains why you rate Declan John though. If they want to give us a transfer fee for him though, I'd snap their hands off.
    I wouldn't.

I'd reflect on my morality for having conned someone out of money.