+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tory promises to build more homes

Re: Tory promises to build more homes

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Well for starters there was a development about 200m from my door. Agreed by local area because it was supposed to have a hotel, care home and commercial units. These vanished and they build 90 more flats.

I saw program recently about property in london, I thought it was on channel 4 with phil spencer but I can't find it. He went to a couple of developments that were agreed based on them providing x number of 'affordable' units which never materialised.
    This happens all the time. Shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Well for starters there was a development about 200m from my door. Agreed by local area because it was supposed to have a hotel, care home and commercial units. These vanished and they build 90 more flats.

I saw program recently about property in london, I thought it was on channel 4 with phil spencer but I can't find it. He went to a couple of developments that were agreed based on them providing x number of 'affordable' units which never materialised.
    Sometimes the developer will pay x amount instead of building social units but that’s down to the council to decide and it’s rare. Even then the sums given to the council are substantial.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Sometimes the developer will pay x amount instead of building social units but that’s down to the council to decide and it’s rare. Even then the sums given to the council are substantial.
    Sounds like a bribe to me?!!?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The daily mail , the sun , express , torygraph , sky news etc would be on them like a ton of bricks

However as it's the Tories messing up big time , they will let it lie

My mistake , it's even worse , the date for clearing the deficit is indeed 2025 , not 2022 as I initially said

That's ten fecking years later than the Tories promised in 2010 !!

What a bunch of charlatans !!
    OBR says it'll take until 2031 to clear the deficit. It also forecasts sub 2% growth for several years.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I saw a headline earlier where it said the Govt would be cracking down on companies who divert transactions overseas to avoid tax in the UK - facebook, apple Google etc

I would love to see how they are going to do that - whilst we are still in the EU
    Given that the EU are hell bent on major legislation to do just this, can you explain how we can crack down on tax avoidance if we leave the EU and become another tax haven?

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    They reduced corporation tax - and the tax take from corporation tax went up.
    Because companies changed their financial year to make the most of this reduction, seeing an immediate rise then a significant drop afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    No I am not saying that at all

Those earning decent money need to be taxed more but I am afraid we are too selfish as a country to accept that

It all started with Thatcher

what do you mean by "decent money" mate
    as have others have pointed out we are already being taxed to buggerry

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    My post was merely correcting your assertion that increasing taxation primes the economy. It does not. As to my voting habits I am a now a floating voter as I regard myself to be sufficiently astute to make up my own mind and not follow blindly one particular Party. Although I was a card carrying member of the Labour Party for many years I couldn't bring myself to agree with much Corbyn and Co have to offer especially as the solution is not to chuck money at any problem that might arise.
    Agree