+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wolves v Leeds

Re: Wolves v Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Who ever finishes above Wolves will be champions.
    9th April could be very interesting

Wolves beating everyone is good for us

Oh my god, their fans will be unbearable now. Somebody man up and beat them please.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Lets see how the Galacticos deal with cold/wet winter games up north ,rival midlands clubs who want to beat them badly, end of season rough and tumble games with relegation doomed sides ,and when we thrash and beat em up again on the 7th April
    Most teams have a blip, but clinging to the hope of them not liking it up north in the winter might be grabbing a bit..
    I'm just going to keep an eye on our own performances and anyone on our tail..if wolves slip they slip, but I won't be asking Santa for it.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    You talking anout this season?

Or 2002?
    They were top of the prem then...

We started the tumble then, now after their few wins against us with crap managers, normal service has resumed, so let's hope for a bit of a bigger tumble this time and league 2...

Leeeeds leeeeds are falling apart again..

I'm quite happy for Wolves to beat everyone around us for the rest of the season. By the time we play them again, it might not matter. Hopefully for a positive reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Most teams have a blip, but clinging to the hope of them not liking it up north in the winter might be grabbing a bit..
    I'm just going to keep an eye on our own performances and anyone on our tail..if wolves slip they slip, but I won't be asking Santa for it.
    I think they'll probably go up automatic but there are still questions to be asked of them no doubt.

It's not just whether they can go up north in the cold but whether they've got the stomach after 36 games when players are having to play through pain barriers etc.

They will have money to spend in January which should see them over the line though.

One thing I will add though is how impressive was our performance up there? I was at that game and despite all the whinging from Wolves fans we were clearly the better team on the day and gave a blueprint on how to play them to the rest of the division.
    The fact that most clubs have failed miserably in their quest to match them, shows how good we were.

I think wolves will go up via the autos but what worries me more is very quietly,almost unnoticed,Villa are now on our shoulder.They are a bigger worry than Sheffield or the wurzels in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I think they'll probably go up automatic but there are still questions to be asked of them no doubt.

It's not just whether they can go up north in the cold but whether they've got the stomach after 36 games when players are having to play through pain barriers etc.

They will have money to spend in January which should see them over the line though.

One thing I will add though is how impressive was our performance up there? I was at that game and despite all the whinging from Wolves fans we were clearly the better team on the day and gave a blueprint on how to play them to the rest of the division.
    The fact that most clubs have failed miserably in their quest to match them, shows how good we were.
    There are questions to ask, but I just don't go along with the "how will they fare in winter away at xxxx on a cold windy Tuesday..we all can and will drop points this way (why I'm so happy that we won as it had potential to be one we lost)

They will likely habe a decent 5/10 million to push them over the line in Jan. Not envious of that, hope we can get one or 2 in to help tired legs too. Injuries haven't played against us where results come into it either, we had Bogle come on and score..midfield hasn't looked the greatest at all times but the patch job got us through..only one of say we habe struggled to replace was NML..but maybe if that is for a period or happens again we know we can use CP there..
    I was over the moon with our performance there, I'm glad we got 5 wins out of it as I k ew it wasn't going to last forever. I liked Tomlin with Bogle NML and hoilett as tomlin helped ua stretch defenders and wirg a threat going through the middle it didnt make our only threat goung forward "pump it to thw wings" defenders had to think a bit rather than worry about pace out wide..