+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Ashes - 1st test

Re: The Ashes

Here we go again - England 18-2 with a second single figure score for Cook and a failure for Vince.

First Team

Australia wil be delighted with that last session.
    Not sure what is a decent total to set here or indeed if England are capable of putting anything of note on the board from this point.
    Gut feeling is is one of trepidation.

It’s still in the balance. Aus definitely edge the day but batting last chasing more than 200 plus will not be easy. England need to ideally make them chase st least 250 so a lot of work to do.However considering England were 240 odd for 4 and Aus were 76/4 it’s a disappointing position.

England should have taken Plunkett if Wood wasnt considered fit enough.

Root needs to do what Smith did or its game over.

Simply, need to bat all day.
    One session at a time.
    No more than 4 down at lunch and 6 down at tea.

All the remaining batsmen need to put their hands up and more is required from the tail.

Big ask.

I'm not impressed by Ball and would have preferred Plunkett.

Would have helped the batting too.

Stokes is a big loss too

not looking good lads End 2nd inns 119-5 a lead of 93
    over a day and half left of the match left
    I cant see anything other than a convicts victory here

The only thing that can save England from seeming ridicule is that huge drinks trolley leaking all over the wicket!

Absolutely pivotal session this, what test cricket is all about. Just hang about and protect your wicket, dig in ffs. No risk need be taken by any batsman... a bit like the brief from day 1... simples!

Lyon, Hazlewood or some other Aussie MOTM contenders pretty nailed on..... unless.....

Bairstow's dismissal, little better than a shot seen in midweek on Pontcanna fields.
    Ball playing his first ball just as pathetic!

I'm off up... they don't deserve me

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Bairstow's dismissal, little better than a shot seen in midweek on Pontcanna fields.
    Ball playing his first ball just as pathetic!

I'm off up... they don't deserve me
    England all out!
    170 to win for Australia. Woeful at best.

ENG 195 all out
    AUS need 170 to win
    its a formality for a convicts win now

England need far more from Cook and Root in the remaining tests, but, even then, you look at the bowling once Anderson and Broad are seen off and you think it'll struggle on Australian surfaces - I don't think Australia are that good, so I'd like to think a third 5-0 thrashing in four visits can be avoided, but it could happen.

Predictable that it would happen-our batting line up is brittle.Not sure it will be much different under the pressure it will encounter in the rest of the series.These two sides are not of the highest standard we have seen in Ashes series.!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    England need far more from Cook and Root in the remaining tests, but, even then, you look at the bowling once Anderson and Broad are seen off and you think it'll struggle on Australian surfaces - I don't think Australia are that good, so I'd like to think a third 5-0 thrashing in four visits can be avoided, but it could happen.
    I hope im wrong but I think Cooks best days are gone. Agree theres nothing much in the convicts either.

Totally agree on the bowling.

England badly need someone with the extra paceto back up Broad and Anderson. Poor selection for the series.

It could be 5-0. Strauss should take a lot of blame. This goes all the way back to his personal vendetta against Pieterson.

Mediocre England - a dismal defeat to a very ordinary Australian side.

And now Bairstow alleged to be involved in an incident outside a bar earlier this month with Aussie opener Bancroft

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/cricke...utted-11589833

All over.
    Aus win 1st test at a canter by 10 wickets.
    Looks like it's gonna be are long tour!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    All over.
    Aus win 1st test at a canter by 10 wickets.
    Looks like it's gonna be are long tour!
    I think a white wash is on the cards Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    Mediocre England - a dismal defeat to a very ordinary Australian side.

And now Bairstow alleged to be involved in an incident outside a bar earlier this month with Aussie opener Bancroft

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/cricke...utted-11589833
    Soon as there's a bit of trouble off the field its the England & Wales cricket team / board.....well done the Aussies great first test win.