+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Ashes - 1st test

The Ashes - 1st test

Any of you cricket fans staying up to watch the Ashes 1st Test tonight?

It's on BT Sport at 11.00pm, which makes me feel I ought to watch it seeing as I've given Sky two fingers and made the switch to BT

Might just watch the first hour or so for tonight and record the extended highlights tomorrow.

Don't fancy England's chances, especially with Ben Stokes missing!

Re: The Ashes

Two bang average Test teams. Can’t get too excited. Aus to win the series 3-1 with one drawn Test.

Think if Jimmy gets going early on and Root finds good form with the bat we might do em, bloody arrogant convicts

I lost interest when I saw Gary Ballance selected and no out and out quick.

4-0 to the convicts.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Think if Jimmy gets going early on and Root finds good form with the bat we might do em, bloody arrogant convicts

Always good to see an upset and I must admit, I do tend to favour the underdog where England cricket are concerned and these two are both as arrogant as each other.

I’ll be watching it till I fall asleep, unless England bat first and lose early wickets

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I’ll be watching it till I fall asleep, unless England bat first and lose early wickets
    Fully intending to watch it all.
    Chances of actually remaining awake all night are as slim as Englands chances of winning in Brisbane, nil.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Two bang average Test teams. Can’t get too excited. Aus to win the series 3-1 with one drawn Test.
    Yes, very underwhelming side England have.
    Be nice to see a few feathers ruffled,
    no doubting the class of Root and Anderson mind.
    Im going to go with a 2-1 with a couple draws, more hopeful it is competitive than anything. A lot depends on the wickets, though England have struggled batting on dead flat ones.

England's chances have just improved dramatically. Sun and Showers forecast for 4 out of the 5 days

England win the toss and will bat.
    Could be an interesting first hour.

Going to be a white wash

After a shaky start, England have settled pretty well.
    Only an hour old but Vince looking impressive.

The "new style" test match BT commentating team including some lady (assume she has been on the women's cricket commentary) and Boycott... talk about in at the deep end.
    With Boycs not known for fence sitting or suffering of fools, she'd better know her stuff!

Anyone still watching?

Vince need a 100 badly he's good batsman

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    After a shaky start, England have settled pretty well.
    Only an hour old but Vince looking impressive.

The "new style" test match BT commentating team including some lady (assume she has been on the women's cricket commentary) and Boycott... talk about in at the deep end.
    With Boycs not known for fence sitting or suffering of fools, she'd better know her stuff!

Anyone still watching?

I think I will watch another 20 overs and catch up tomorrow mate
    dodgey start , we starting to settle now
    50 partnership between Stoneman and Vince just come up

Eng 59-1 lunch

128-2 at tea

England looking good.
    How anyone can get run out at a test match is beyond me.
    You should take chances, there’s no rush.

Feck England come on the Aussies.

Thought the worst when Chef nicked off but they've done well. Pleased for Stoneman and Vince especially, nice counter attack at the end from Malan too. Better start than I expected, both sides have pretty weak underbellies but have some very good players.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Thought the worst when Chef nicked off but they've done well. Pleased for Stoneman and Vince especially, nice counter attack at the end from Malan too. Better start than I expected, both sides have pretty weak underbellies but have some very good players.
    Honours about even on a very slow day. With inclement weather this could be a draw

Honours about even on a very slow day. With inclement weather this could be a draw
    At the Gabba id of taken that b4 the first ball , our record is not that great there is it Pearcey mate

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    At the Gabba id of taken that b4 the first ball , our record is not that great there is it Pearcey mate
    I would have taken it too but we could still be bowled out for 250. Hopefully we can rack up 350 plus which would be a good effort.

I would have taken it too but we could still be bowled out for 250. Hopefully we can rack up 350 plus which would be a good effort.
    yeah still in the balance mate I think 350 is an ask I'm going as 300-320 as a par score

231-4 mate they going along nicely at the moment 350 plus looks very much on

coming apart a bit now mate 250-7 they be lucky to get past 300

Eng 302 all out
    Aus 159-4